Wiki Posts
Search

Kyrgyzstan Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
Kyrgyzstan Airlines

So my friend decided to change plans and make me get a double-entry visa for Kazakhstan & a visa for Kyrgyzstan even though I already have a single-entry for Kazakhstan. However, it gave me an idea....what if I fly back to Moscow-Domodedovo (where I can get the cheapest flight back to Texas) from Bishkek?

Brilliant stroke of genius, right? Well, off I go to the Kyrgyzstan Airlines website and it is exactly what one would expect from an airline that is banned in the EU. There is nothing written anywhere that I can check prices online. It looks like I have to CALL them in order to find anything out.

http://kyrgyzaero.com/

Does anyone see anything that looks like a checkout or someplace where I can check prices? I only found a flight timetable....nothing else.

Anyone got any idea?

Maybe I should just apply for the Kazakh double-entry visa & hope they place it above the old single-entry visa so I can save passport pages. Le sigh.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Why not call?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:21 am
MHG

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor
Originally Posted by RussianTexan
Does anyone see anything that looks like a checkout or someplace where I can check prices? I only found a flight timetable....nothing else.

Anyone got any idea?
Well, I only know one source but that´s in German ...

www.sirena2000.de

It´s the russian reservation system "SIRENA" (similar to the western systems like Sabre/Amadeus/Galileo) that set up a german booking tool by a representative (as a registered agency in Germany with a real adress/office).
Sirena has most Russian/CIS airlines in their system and one can book all on this website.
It seems not all airlines have loaded all fares into the system and you might get better quotes locally but at least it´s a reliable source !

You may call them in Frankfurt although I´m not sure how likely/easy it is to get someone speaking English on the phone (still - probably a lot easier than in Russia, though)

Just check: http://www.sirena2000.de/contacts

Last edited by MHG; Feb 11, 2012 at 3:36 am Reason: additional info
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:14 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by RussianTexan
If you are looking specifically for a flight on Kyrgyzstan Airlines, then you can check Fares via the Sirena GDS (using the link above). KyrgyzAero.com does not currently have any online booking capabilities.

Otherwise, you can purchase tickets online for flights on other carriers that also serve that route, e.g.:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.5/Diamond - Galileo: Fares/PSH/RU]
Code:
FRU  Bishkek KG [UAFM]
MOW  Moscow Metro RU = SVO DME VKO BKA
O/W  01 Apr 2012 | Economy

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur   AdvanceP  Min  Max  Fare Basis | Travel Period
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  ---  --------------------------
VV         FRU     MOW        66   USD        ***  Sun   30  ROW1M5
VV         FRU     MOW       125   USD        ***  Sun   30  OOW1M5
VV         FRU     MOW       138   USD        ***        60  UOW2M5
VV         FRU     MOW       151   USD        ***        90  HOW3M5
VV         FRU     MOW       171   USD        ***        90  SOW3M5
VV         FRU     MOW       197   USD        ***            LOW6M5
KC         FRU     MOW       210   USD        ***        30  SOWKC
U6         FRU     MOW       217   USD        ***            MSVXRU
KC         FRU     MOW       224   USD        ***        90  QOWKC
S7         FRU     MOW       250   USD        ***       295  OPOOVB
SU         FRU     MOW       263   USD        ***        90  QPXOWG
KC         FRU     MOW       263   USD        ***       360  TOWKC
VV         FRU     MOW       263   USD        ***            TOW6M5
FV         FRU     MOW       268   USD        ***        30  XSXOW
SU         FRU     MOW       276   USD        ***       180  TEXOWG
HY         FRU     MOW       289   USD        ***            Y
U6         FRU     MOW       289   USD        ***            LSVXRU
KC         FRU     MOW       296   USD        ***       360  KOWKC
SU         FRU     MOW       303   USD        ***       180  VEXOWG
FV         FRU     MOW       308   USD        ***            HPXOW
S7         FRU     MOW       311   USD        ***       300  QPOOVB
SU         FRU     MOW       322   USD        ***       180  KEXOWG
VV         FRU     MOW       329   USD        ***            BOW6M5
FV         FRU     MOW       347   USD     7 Days            ZEXOW
SU         FRU     MOW       349   USD        ***       180  HEXOWG
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
DELETED
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
I recently wanted to fly them, and had to have friends in Bishkek call for prices. They also had to go to Bishkek office to pay in cash

Btw if you get KZ double entry you wont need KG visa for Bishkek region.

Also if you arrive by air you get VOA.

Your passport depending of course.

Last edited by travelkid; Jul 4, 2012 at 11:47 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:44 am

Why do you need a double-entry for KZ if you're leaving from Bishkek? Also there are plenty of other ways to get out of FRU including connections with Ural Air, S7, Air Astana, and direct on Aeroflot (to both SVO and LED). In my experience, Kirgiz is not much cheaper than these other options.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by davewill
Why do you need a double-entry for KZ if you're leaving from Bishkek? Also there are plenty of other ways to get out of FRU including connections with Ural Air, S7, Air Astana, and direct on Aeroflot (to both SVO and LED). In my experience, Kirgiz is not much cheaper than these other options.
Due to visa agreements between KZ and KG you can visit border areas of the other country if you have double entry visa for one of them. Double entry for the purpose of returning to the first. Border areas include Bishkek, Issukul (sorry for misspelling) and Almaty. No need if you fly into Bishkek of course as they have VOA. I got a double entry at Manas, Bishkek for this reason, and drove by car to Almaty and flew home- thus avoiding the hassle of getting the KZ visa.

I applied for a double entry KZ visa 2 days ago as I plan to drive into Bishkek from KZ, and then I avoid getting a KG visa as I cant get that at land borders.

Also the reason I needed Kyrgyz airways was I needed to fly in from Burgas, Bulgaria which had S7 to DME, and I couldnt transfer to SU flying from SVO without visa.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
There is now online booking at http://air.kg/ . But I can't successfully use 4 different US credit cards I've tried. Any updated info on where to purchase these tickets besides going thru a travel agent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.