Vnukovo (VKO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vnukovo (VKO)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Can't call that impossible. Have you tried contacting the airport?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Kapi1904
Has anybod experience changing the Terminal from B to A and reverse without a visa? I am asking as I am planning to fly Germanwings to Terminal B and depart on Turkish Airlines Terminal A. Is it possible?

Hope someone was able to do this and can share his experience.

Thanks in advance!
Yes it is possible and not hard. Instead of getting into the passport control line(s) follow the signs to international connections (it says something like that; it will be obvious).
There is no need for a car or anything like that; the terminals are in the same building; just separate areas.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by DrewGzy
Instead of getting into the passport control line(s) follow the signs to international connections (it says something like that; it will be obvious).
There is no need for a car or anything like that; the terminals are in the same building; just separate areas.
No, totally wrong. Vnukovo terminals A and B are separate buildings and they do not have shared transit zone. You can't transfer from A to B (and from B to A) by yourself without a visa because it is possible only by the street. Or by the airfield in a border control service bus.

The procedure is just like I told on TripAdvisor: it is possible (no one will send you to Siberia if you will arrive without a visa ) but it may take some time, especially if you have a luggage because airport staff will pick it, then move it to another terminal, then check it-in, then give a luggage ticket to you.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:32 am

hotel in VKO

are there any hotels in VKO that i can get to without any sort of visa? i have a 14 hour stopover and am afraid that 14 hours in an airport may lead to self harm
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:02 pm

are there any lounges in VKO that i can get into with any of the lounge pass programs?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:28 am

Not with PP or LoungePass as far as I know.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:13 pm

Update: VKO Business Lounge now available with Priority Pass for both domestic and international flights. Also reported to be available for Diners' Club cardholders, but I can't verify it.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Temedar
Update: VKO Business Lounge now available with Priority Pass for both domestic and international flights. Also reported to be available for Diners' Club cardholders, but I can't verify it.
doesn't help most people with stopovers as i believe it is only landside
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by emkay
doesn't help most people with stopovers as i believe it is only landside
Right, in case of an int'l-int'l transfer you'll need a Russian visa or a passport from a visa-free country.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: *G / OWS / STE+
Transiting without a visa - two separate tickets

Is it possible/advisable to transit Vnukovo on two separate tickets? Both Star Alliance carriers (TK and LH), so I think they both use the same terminal.

Technically I think this should be allowed as my transit will be well <24 hours, more like 4 hours, but would TK be likely to deny me boarding without a visa?

I would take baggage if they would interline it but probably wouldn't bother if that alone meant I had to get a visa.

Alternatively I could get a flight out again on TK rather than LH but that might confuse TK.

There's plenty of time for me to get a visa if this isn't a good idea (flights in December), and I would just get one for peace of mind if Russia had a real transit visa, priced accordingly, but the cost seems a bit high just for spending a few hours in the airport!

Thanks for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.