Wiki Posts
Search

Half price fares on Russian Railways/РЖД

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Half price fares on Russian Railways/РЖД

For travel from 15 October 2010, upper bunks in купе/second class wagons on domestic trains will be half the price of lower bunks. Press release (in Russian).

I've read suggestions this heralds a price war between air and rail travel in Russia.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM
The problem is that an upper-bunk kupe now costs effectively the same as a platskartny. That should have the effect of making it harder to get these tickets on short notice. And as my Russian officemate commented, what are you going to do when you pay the full tariff for the lower bunk, and the babushka with the upper bunk asks if you don't mind switching? (I never minded switching before, but somehow knowing I've paid twice as much will make it less appealing....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.