Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

No US non-immigrant visa for Russian citizens, if applied in Russia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold

According to WAPO, the US consulates in Russia has stopped issueing non-immigrant visa to Russian citizens and other nationals, living in Russia.

This should have quite an impact on the US routes of Aeroflot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.598eb2e40514
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by warakorn
According to WAPO, the US consulates in Russia has stopped issueing non-immigrant visa to Russian citizens and other nationals, living in Russia.

This should have quite an impact on the US routes of Aeroflot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.598eb2e40514
This is inaccurate. US Consulate in Moscow continues to issue non immigrant visas but other consulates in Russia have stopped. Current wait time for an appointment is 86 days.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If no immigrant visas include student visas and business visas, this can't be accurate.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
I wonder if those who have been able to bypass the interview for the last few visas due to honoring the rules and such will have to reapply and start these processes over again. I've got 3 employees that need that freedom of movement big time. If they have to wait 86 days for an appointment or for their apps to be processed, Q4 is gonna look a lot different for us all.

Hopefully, those who have not been asked to interview for years now still will not have to.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

This is inaccurate. US Consulate in Moscow continues to issue non immigrant visas but other consulates in Russia have stopped. Current wait time for an appointment is 86 days.
I interpret that only the Moscow consulate will issue visa anymore (and only immigrant ones). Other consulate won't issue any visa anymore.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
This basically means someone from Vladivostok will have to travel to Moscow to get a US visa. This doesn't affect me but .....
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It's even worse - it's not possible to apply for a US non-immigrant visa in Russia at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.