Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

transfer in SVO between independent trips

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA S, Marriott P

flying on SU krr-svo and then moving to svo-jfk.
They arrive and leave from terminal D - does anyone know if its possible to register/transfer without going out/in of security? In case online check-in for second flight is not working.
no checked bags.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I would try to check in for the second flight when you arrive at the airport at Krasnodar. They may, or may not, b/c...it's Russia.

When you arrive at Terminal D on the upper level, you will follow the signs for international transfer pax and that will lead you to the Transfer Desk, where you can (hopefully) resolve any remaining issues, depending on how helpful the agent was at KRR.

Once that happens you take your passport and bp and head to passport control which is nearby to the Transfer Desk, get your docs examined, then you go through security, and then downstairs via the elevator or stairs, at which point you will find yourself in the duty free/departure gate area.

It shouldn't be a big deal, but as I am fond of saying, "Patience is necessary for Russia."

O/H
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: SU Gold, A3 Gold
Transfer desk for international flights (and transfer corridor via customs, transfer desk, border and security control) is near baggage belts for domestic arrivals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.