Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Russian airline passengers asked to push plane at freezing Siberian airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA

Passengers at Igarka airport in far north of Russia’s Krasnoyarsk region were asked to push aircraft along runway in blistering cold.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...berian-airport
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:09 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-how-post.html will move this to the appropriate airlines forum while leaving a permanent re-direct in Travel News

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:27 pm

I think it is funny but apparently “They pushed the plane as if it was a car that had got stuck, which is categorically forbidden as it can damage the plane’s exterior, for example.”
Learn something new every day
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JumboJet
I think it is funny but apparently “They pushed the plane as if it was a car that had got stuck, which is categorically forbidden as it can damage the plane’s exterior, for example.”
Learn something new every day
My Russian friend Zhenya would tell me if he read this, "meh, maybe a Boeing or Airbus would be damaged by pushing it but a Tupolov can handle this and oh so much more."

He might be right...
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
Very Funny

Al Bundy: Son, how is this car?

Bud Bundy: Dad, much better, much lighter to push.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by woody125
My Russian friend Zhenya would tell me if he read this, "meh, maybe a Boeing or Airbus would be damaged by pushing it but a Tupolov can handle this and oh so much more."

He might be right...
He likely is right. The airplane was a Tu-134. Say what one wants about the comfort, my experience of the Tupolevs is that they are indeed quite solid, built in the days before carbon fiber and the like.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:34 am

OMG, I've flown out of Krasnoyarsk and yes, I can imagine this happening.

The russian plane I flew on had a wooden interior and was all red inside. The stewards on the plane handed everyone a barf bag before we took off.

Flight was routine however. Flew over a lot of trees on the way to Novosibirsk.

Krasnoyarsk is a very interesting place to visit and I highly recommend it. Great rocks to climb, they have a hydrofoil and interesting dam....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.