Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

My E-Ticket number looks strange! Please advise!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My E-Ticket number looks strange! Please advise!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Question My E-Ticket number looks strange! Please advise!

Hello guys/gals.

I have a quick question. Just booked a flight on Aeroflot (SU) from JFK to SVO.
Looking at my e-ticket number I noticed something unusual:

It has 13 numbers and then it has a dash and 2 more numbers. Is this normal?

Here is an example

104257251133-34

So after the dash it has two more numbers which increase the previous 2 by 1.

I just need to know which number to use in order to check-in. Just the first 13 digits or the whole thing with a dash and 2 more digits.

P.S. Called Aeroflot and they said they see only first 13 digits, but then their own website shows it as 15 or 13 digits depending on where you click.. So has anyone else ever experienced it? Maybe I use different number for my return leg to JFK?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Do you have a lot of segments? that happens a lot when there are more than 6 segments round trip. nothing to worry about. Something caused it to split into 2 separate ticket numbers but they are linked together

Usually you check in with the 6 digit PNR but if it require ticket number leave off the digits after the dash

Last edited by CDKing; Jun 1, 2015 at 7:16 pm
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Yes four segments.

Thank you!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In some systems (for example bank account numbers in some European countries) the last two digits are "control numbers" that are just used as a double check that the (account or other reference) number is correct. Could that be the explanation? If so, try ignoring those last two digits and see if it works.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In some systems (for example bank account numbers in some European countries) the last two digits are "control numbers" that are just used as a double check that the (account or other reference) number is correct. Could that be the explanation? If so, try ignoring those last two digits and see if it works.
I think for some reason it split into 2 sequential ticket numbers 104257251133 & 104257251134
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Bob11s
It has 13 numbers and then it has a dash and 2 more numbers. Is this normal?

Here is an example

104257251133-34
Your reservation is ticketed on two tickets, issued in conjunction, 104257251133 ad 104257251134.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Since this post is specific to one particular airline, it is off-topic for the Info Desk. Let's see how it does here in the dedicated airline forum.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Moderator, Information Desk
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
This one does look odd. SU e-tickets start with 555. If my memory serves me well, leading 104 is used by Eurowings. Then number is at least one digit short: e-ticket numbers are normally 13- or 14-digits long, never 12.
I would suggest you check with your agent and get from them either Amadeus or airline PNR.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by luitje
This one does look odd. SU e-tickets start with 555.
The OP did not give their e-ticket number - they merely gave an example - and highlighted an issue that relates to the final two digits only. The first 3 digits are not of relevance and, as you say, the "real" ticket presumably starts with 555.

The issue has been cleared up above, anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.