Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Marriott Platinum Benefits at Ritz Carlton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2008, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott-Plat, Aeroplan-Super Elite MM, Hilton-Diamond, Priority Club-Plat, SPG Platinum
Access to RC Club lounge if you're a Marriott Platinum member?

Hi I'm a Platinum member with Marriott, and looking to book a rewards trip staying at a Ritz. Do you if I would have access to the club lounge at the RC because of my Marriott status?

thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by roadwarrior4
Hi I'm a Platinum member with Marriott, and looking to book a rewards trip staying at a Ritz. Do you if I would have access to the club lounge at the RC because of my Marriott status?

thanks!
No. No benefits while staying at a RC.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
That is technically true. However, my admittedly limited experience has been that as a plat member, the RC will usually extend some courtesy to you.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:04 pm

Platinum members have access to the concierge lounge at Marriotts. Does this privilege extend to Ritz Carlton's club lounge?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:43 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ceejaykay
Platinum members have access to the concierge lounge at Marriotts. Does this privilege extend to Ritz Carlton's club lounge?
Marriott status is not honored at Ritz.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
A search can help you find your answer (although, to be fair, I had the best results searching for "RC" rather than the obvious)...

Ritz Upgdrades for Gold/Platinum

Ritz Carlton?

Points for Ritz-Carlton stays?

Access to RC Club lounge if you're a Marriott Platinum member?

Marriott Rewards Benefits at Ritz-Carlton?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
This is the most asked question in the MR forum, by new FT members.

We should make it a sticky or something.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Perhaps a guide to MR would be helpful . . .
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:04 pm

Benefits at Ritz Carlton, found this link

http://www.marriott.com/Multimedia/P...r_Ritz_FAQ.pdf

The important points are:

NO access to the club lounge
(Does not say if you get a breakfast)
Room upgrades should be give, but NOT to club level floors or suites

Mr Marriott you are missing a trick here, what I am sure a lot of us that spend a lot of time in hotels, is the BEST room with every benefit under the sun when we take our 2 week holiday as a thank you to our family for their understanding of us being away so much.

For the record, I'm off to Dubai for my 2 week holiday (on points of course), but if I'm not treated like royalty, I'll be switching to another hotel chain next year.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:05 pm

Mr Marriott you are missing a trick here, what I am sure a lot of us that spend a lot of time in hotels, is the BEST room with every benefit under the sun when we take our 2 week holiday as a thank you to our family for their understanding of us being away so much.

For the record, I'm off to Dubai for my 2 week holiday (on points of course), but if I'm not treated like royalty, I'll be switching to another hotel chain next year.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MrGB

First, welcome to Flyertalk!

Just curious - what will you do when you switch to another hotel chain & don't get everything? You could run out of hotel chains

On a dif note, I was just at an overseas property that gets 15-25 Plats checking in daily. What will you do if one of the other Plats gets the very best everything you're expecting because they got there before you or put in a request in advance? There aren't a gazillion best rooms.

And no, RC does not give free breakfast to elites IIRC. AFAIK, you just get 1,000 points and free internet.

Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by MrGB

You mentioned the same thing in the other thread you bumped up.

As I responded in that thread:

First, welcome to Flyertalk!

Just curious - what will you do when you switch to another hotel chain & don't get everything? You could run out of hotel chains

On a dif note, I was just at an overseas property that gets 15-25 Plats checking in daily. What will you do if one of the other Plats gets the very best everything you're expecting because they got there before you or put in a request in advance? There aren't a gazillion best rooms.

And no, RC does not give free breakfast to elites IIRC. AFAIK, you just get 1,000 points and free internet.

Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:33 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
.And no, RC does not give free breakfast to elites IIRC. AFAIK, you just get 1,000 points and free internet.
As you mentioned earlier, you can also get room upgrades at check-in if available (just not to suites or CL rooms.)

And while I've never received a free upgrade to a CL room, a couple of RCs have offered me discounts to upgrading. So elite status can be of benefit in other areas as well.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
As you mentioned earlier, you can also get room upgrades at check-in if available (just not to suites or CL rooms.)

And while I've never received a free upgrade to a CL room, a couple of RCs have offered me discounts to upgrading. So elite status can be of benefit in other areas as well.
I understand that but wanted to set expectations based on T&Cs, especially since not all RCs will go above & beyond the T&C. Although as you and some other FTers have mentioned, some properties do so.

My comment was based on MrGB's stating that Marriott should give him the BEST room & ALL benefits due to his being on the road a lot & now will be on holiday with his family & expects to be treated ROYALLY, and that's probably not going to happen at a RC, although it might at a regular Marriott property. Having said that, RC employees are usually pretty customer service-oriented.

Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
I've never been upgraded at a RC, and even the "standard room" upgrades are at best a view upgrade, not room size.

Most of them have offered to let me try their club lounge for $100/day. No thanks!

What is most galling to me is that you don't receive points for meals, etc. at a RC. It's one thing to expect a free breakfast, it's quite another to get zero points for shelling out $25 - $50 for breakfast....

Billy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.