Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What RC properties (non-Reserve) are considered the best in the world?

What RC properties (non-Reserve) are considered the best in the world?

Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:23 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by chanman
another vote for RC Kyoto....Japanese love French culture and the breakfast pastries were as good as in France
very Zen like location
was there in November, as the colors were changing....great time to visit Kyoto
Let me add that as a Starwood loyalist, even I had to include 2 nights at RC Kyoto for our itinerary for May 2018--along with 5 nights at the Starwood Luxury Collection Suiran property also in Kyoto. Everything I've read about the RC Kyoto is that it's one of the best.

For perspective, I'm not a fan of Clubs or executive lounges much at all--I vastly prefer room service and/or fine dining in great restaurants. I actually think being at a non-Club room at a RC hotel is an invitation for a lesser experience. It's one of the reasons that I've not stayed at RC so often.

Fortunately, RC Kyoto has no Club. So I'll get the same experience as everyone else.
HotelieForLife likes this.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jul 29, 2017 at 4:30 pm
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:36 am

I absolutely loved my stay at RC Kyoto. Was back in Kyoto earlier this month but didn't stay there as I was part of a large group. I did manage to go to the hotel just to visit Pierre Herme and buy heaps of their legendary Ispahan croissants (which are to die for!) and assorted pastries.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:48 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Perhaps mods could change the thread title to What RC properties (non-Reserve) are considered the best in the world? since everyone is including Asian properties here anyway? Thanks!
Old May 6, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Perhaps mods could change the thread title to What RC properties (non-Reserve) are considered the best in the world? since everyone is including Asian properties here anyway? Thanks!
Its difficult not to! Is there a hotel chain in the world when the best properties arent in Asia? Honourable mention from me for RC Hong Kong, since Kyoto has already been mentioned.
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Its difficult not to! Is there a hotel chain in the world when the best properties arent in Asia? Honourable mention from me for RC Hong Kong, since Kyoto has already been mentioned.
(Yes, Id have to say the St Regis brand has best service and properties in New York, San Francisco, and perhaps Florence? The St Regis is strong in Asia, but Id still give its edge to the older (and more historic) properties outside Asia.)

Old May 6, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by bhrubin

(Yes, Id have to say the St Regis brand has best service and properties in New York, San Francisco, and perhaps Florence? The St Regis is strong in Asia, but Id still give its edge to the older (and more historic) properties outside Asia.)

Fair enough! Ive stayed in none of those so will add them to my list (NY was already on it), but can understand how that could be the case as my favourite SPG properties in Asia are all Luxury Collection and W - have found the Asian St. Regis properties underwhelming so far. I obviously meant where not when but perils of trying to use Flyertalk on your phone!
Old May 6, 2018, 7:44 am
kkl

RC HK / Tokyo / Kyoto. Highly regarded in their respective cities
Old May 6, 2018, 8:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kkl
RC HK / Tokyo / Kyoto. Highly regarded in their respective cities
Yes, those seem to always be mentioned.

I’ve previously toured both the Hong Kong and Shanghai properties and think both are excellent—though the more masculine decor at Hong Kong is my preference.

I will be staying at the RC Kyoto from May 16-18 and will see that for myself, too. I also may get the chance to visit the RC Tokyo while staying at the SPG LuxColl Prince Gallery Kioicho Tokyo property for May 8-11.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
The RC Tokyo is the best I have personally stayed at. I have also stayed at the HK and Maui properties that were listed up thread and in my option the Tokyo RC is much better. For me its about being the best hotel in that area. In HK the RC is in a poor location, plus with the iconic Peninsula, Mandarin Oriental, Upper House etc. its just not the best place to stay in the city. While the RC Maui is great (and the best on that side of the island) I don't think it competes with the Four Seasons Maui. The RC in Tokyo may be the best hotel in the city, there is definitely competition but I think its right there around the top. Just my opinion though.
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 11:20 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Glad to hear top reviews of RC Kyoto... will be staying there 6 nights during the first week of June!
Old May 20, 2018, 12:37 am
Suspended

We just had a fabulous 2 night award stay at the RC Kyoto—made all the better by being upgraded to their Kamogawa Suite. There were a few minor problems—lack of closet space/storage, breakfast crowding, and a sommelier who didn’t seem too knowledgeable. But the hotel is beautiful (more from the interior than exterior), food/beverage otherwise was truly outstanding, service was excellent, and the location is convenient for business or for seeing the many large East Kyoto temples. And the air con worked like a charm, to boot.

EDIT: For anyone interested, I just posted my Expert Review of the RC Kyoto in the Luxury Hotels Forum (Luxury Hotels of Japan) from our 2 night award stay a week ago:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...l#post29793035

We were very impressed with the RC. There is no question to me that this is one of the best RC properties in the world.

Last edited by bhrubin; May 28, 2018 at 7:28 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.