Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
IDK what an AU is.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bergamini
IDK what an AU is.
AU=Authorized User
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
If I didn't add an AU within that 90 day offer to get 10K points on my Ritz card, do they ever offer that again? I meant to and just forgot.

"Finally, the primary cardholder can get 10,000 bonus points for adding an authorized user who makes a purchase in the first three months from account opening." I just forgot. Is it something that they ever re-offer after you hold the card?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bergamini
If I didn't add an AU within that 90 day offer to get 10K points on my Ritz card, do they ever offer that again? I meant to and just forgot.

"Finally, the primary cardholder can get 10,000 bonus points for adding an authorized user who makes a purchase in the first three months from account opening." I just forgot. Is it something that they ever re-offer after you hold the card?
Have never seen it offered past the initial 90 day period.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:59 am

Can anyone share what the expiration date on their Priority Pass Select membership card is? I have my card in front of me, and it's a year from when I applied for the Ritz card, but I'm trying to figure out if it was from the Ritz card or another card I had in the past. I applied for the Ritz card in January 2017, and my PP expiration is January 2018.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by bombnthud
Can anyone share what the expiration date on their Priority Pass Select membership card is? I have my card in front of me, and it's a year from when I applied for the Ritz card, but I'm trying to figure out if it was from the Ritz card or another card I had in the past. I applied for the Ritz card in January 2017, and my PP expiration is January 2018.
Currently the same expiration as the card.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:31 pm

the complimentary nights that come with card don't cover resort fees right? just want to make sure. thank you.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
the complimentary nights that come with card don't cover resort fees right? just want to make sure. thank you.
Don't cover resort fees or valet parking.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:05 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Club upgrades on cash & points stays?

This RC credit card offers 3 Club upgrades on paid stays per year. Do cash and point stays qualify? When do you earn those Club upgrades--after getting the card or after the anniversary?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by bhrubin
This RC credit card offers 3 Club upgrades on paid stays per year. Do cash and point stays qualify? When do you earn those Club upgrades--after getting the card or after the anniversary?
The upgrades show up right away. But they are restricted to something like either the regular rate or the members rate. RC tends to be pretty strict about this, so it would surprise me if they allowed using them for P+C. Anyhow, you have to call RC to apply the upgrades, and at that point they can (and do) confirm rate eligibility.

Using one of these this weekend. I have to laugh ... at myself. Were it not for these upgrades, I can't imagine we could justify staying at RCs. But, with them, the trick is to use the Lounge for a fair share of your drinking and eating. Which means that we tend not to do as much eating and drinking out on a trip as we would normally. I mean, everyone tells me that Barcelona is a cool city to visit, and I don't doubt it. All I can tell you is the RC there is fantastic!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:57 pm

Hi,

I think I read from this thread that someone was able to get an extension of for their free night certificates from Chase credit card (extended for another year) because he/she was not able to use the certificate before the expiration. Does anyone know what is the email or phone number to call to get the extension? I have 3 nights that will be expiring in Nov, but not sure if I will be able to use them before expiring....

thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 2:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

I think I read from this thread that someone was able to get an extension of for their free night certificates from Chase credit card (extended for another year) because he/she was not able to use the certificate before the expiration. Does anyone know what is the email or phone number to call to get the extension? I have 3 nights that will be expiring in Nov, but not sure if I will be able to use them before expiring....

thanks!
It must depend on whom you talk to as I tried with one left and not able to. Good Luck
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:47 am
ski

Called Ritz customer service. Got number from Marriott customer service. Asked for supervisor. Agent put me on hold, came back and told me supervisor said no. I asked for supervisor's name for my records. Was then told rep had asked reservations as supervisor was busy. Asked for supervisor. Agent came back and said they extended the certificates. Different story from rep depending on who you talk to. Have also been told by different Ritz agent they are like coupons you use at the grocery, they expire. Ritz agent comparing their certs. to grocery coupons. They will probably tell you with 3 that they can extend only 1. Take it and try again another day.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
They have expiration dates. If you give a client something with an expiration date, do you expect to renew it??

Amazes me how many people on this board expect something for nothing.

If they do so, they are only doing it for good customer care. But they DO expire
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

thanks!
I called Marriott Rewards on the 4th and asked for an extension. My 3 were set to expire in December. I've had several stays at tier 5 RC's this year and no 4's or less. Don't know if that had anything to do with the extension, but all 3 were extended to 1 year from the date I called (now expiring 8.4.18).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.