Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Really? I thought I read somewhere that it had gone over to a ponts based on because of the credit card and that points accumulation would work via the credit card sorta like all of Chase's other Visas.
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
They have added points.

But the majority of the value you recieve from the program as a President's Club elite is recognition in the form of free internet, dining certs, room upgrade certs, suite upgrade certs, etc. https://www.fairmont.com/fpc/benefits/
I think that you must be confusing the Chase Fairmont credit card with the FPC. You can exchange the points earned using the Chase card to vouchers, but you still won't earn "points" for your Fairmont stays. You earn set number of airline miles + free night certificates at certain intervals.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You guys want to take the Fairmont discussions to the Fairmont forum, so that this thread stays on topic? Just sayin...

Cheers.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by downright
Does this card use the same concierge as the Palladium card?

My experience with this concierge has been pretty dismal so far.
The two cards have different "J.P. Morgan Concierges" . I can confirm the concierge numbers are different between the two cards.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
Has anyone with a MArriott card tried signing up for this on the hopes they won't notice that you have the card and get the 50k anyway? What was the outcome? I've had the Marriott Preferred card and don't want to give it up, but I've had it for 2 years; would hope that's long enough they don't remember me
I have a Marriott signature card and had no problems getting the RC card. They both show up on my Chase account online.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:50 pm

i just applied for the ritz card with the hope of using club upgrades. Can they be used at time of booking?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by No Clue
I have a Marriott signature card and had no problems getting the RC card. They both show up on my Chase account online.
Not just getting the card; getting the bonus with the card (on both cards, so 50k + 70k)
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
Not just getting the card; getting the bonus with the card (on both cards, so 50k + 70k)
I received all of the points on both promotions although I signed up for the cards a few years apart.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:59 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by cascade
I've been largely disappointed with my card, as most of the RC benefits they tout are not applied unless you book under the rack rate.
has anyone been successful in their complaints? Are the terms and conditions fairly explained. Eg. Is it clear how the upgrades work?
My card is in the mail. Should i return it?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by martino
has anyone been successful in their complaints? Are the terms and conditions fairly explained. Eg. Is it clear how the upgrades work?
My card is in the mail. Should i return it?
I think it is worth the annual fee the first year at least because of the points promotion. There are other benefits that help as well. I used all of the airline fee reimbursements ($200) and they gave me a $100 credit for using the concierge service. The credit was not offered up front but the offer came in a mailing a few months after getting the card.
After that, it becomes more difficult to justify for me. I don't know why, but the club lounge benefit is only offered officially with a regular room. It is possible to get the benefit with a larger room or suite but you need to book the regular room and upon arrival at the hotel, ask if there are upgrades available. It is then up to the hotel. I have had success with this as well as being stuck in a regular room.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by No Clue
I think it is worth the annual fee the first year at least because of the points promotion. There are other benefits that help as well. I used all of the airline fee reimbursements ($200) and they gave me a $100 credit for using the concierge service. The credit was not offered up front but the offer came in a mailing a few months after getting the card.
After that, it becomes more difficult to justify for me. I don't know why, but the club lounge benefit is only offered officially with a regular room. It is possible to get the benefit with a larger room or suite but you need to book the regular room and upon arrival at the hotel, ask if there are upgrades available. It is then up to the hotel. I have had success with this as well as being stuck in a regular room.
Many thanks. i was told that the upgrade is at time of reservation. Is that wrong?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:37 am

Many thanks. i was told that the upgrade is at time of reservation. Is that wrong?
I haven't been successful getting the upgrade during the reservation. Most times, I have skipped the benefit and paid full price for a suite with club lounge access. On a recent trip however, I reserved the basic room and was planning on using one of the club upgrades. When we checked in, I asked for a suite upgrade and was told none were available (even paying the extra rate). My family came to the decision to move to another hotel. When I informed the front desk manager that we were leaving, she arranged for us to move to a suite with club lounge access for the same rate as the basic room. Great service obviously but unfortunately it isn't something you can plan on each time.
The frustrating thing about the card is I know it would only take a couple of minor tweaks to the program to make it very useful and it would come at no financial harm to the RC. Allow the club level benefit with a suite reservation or other upgraded room and I would be happy.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
The upgrade to club level is made at the time of reservation.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by TommyC80
The upgrade to club level is made at the time of reservation.
Many thanks. Why so many complaints? Is there a restricted availability? Are corporate rates available with upgrade?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Many thanks. Why so many complaints? Is there a restricted availability? Are corporate rates available with upgrade?
So many complaints are because the upgrade cannot be used with any discount rate. Many times you can find a discounted rate for a club lounge room at a better price than the rates that qualify for these upgrades.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:45 am

Also, the entire charge has to go on the JPM card. For example, you aren't allowed to pay for any of the charges using Ritz Carlton currency cards, or even another credit card. I haven't tested this when checking out, but I was told up front it wouldn't be covered.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.