Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:36 pm

How is the $10,000 annual spend determined? Is it the amount you spend from the month you get the card until the first anniversary, or is it from January to December?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
How is the $10,000 annual spend determined? Is it the amount you spend from the month you get the card until the first anniversary, or is it from January to December?
From the Terms and Conditions link:
Automatic Gold Elite Status: With this bonus offer you will automatically receive Gold Elite Status your first Account Year as a cardmember. ("Account Year" means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement after the anniversary of your account open date, and each 12 billing cycles thereafter.) Each Account Year you make purchases totaling $10,000 or more, including during your first Account Year, you will qualify for Gold Elite Status through December 31 of the following year. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from account open date for the Gold Elite Status award to be applied to your Ritz-Carlton Rewards account. To qualify for Gold Elite Status your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. If you do not qualify for this bonus offer, in order to receive Gold Elite benefits you must qualify for Gold Elite Status under the terms of the Ritz-Carlton Rewards program. Only one Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card account per Rewards member (Rewards member must be the primary cardmember on that account) is eligible for the Gold Elite Status award. Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the Gold Elite benefits and services.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by No Clue
I've had this card for a few months now and have mixed emotions about it.

2. There is a $100 hotel credit when booking 2 nights but there is a promotion available to anyone that gets you the same deal.
How do I get this? I have two 2-night stays at RCs coming up in February.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Long Islander
How do I get this? I have two 2-night stays at RCs coming up in February.
I haven't stayed at a RC yet but according to the details:

"Hotel Credit:
Hotel credit available at participating hotels for paid stays using The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, when booking this offer and requires a two-night minimum length of stay, subject to availability. Credit is nontransferable or combinable with other offers, consecutive reservations in the same hotel are not valid, and advanced reservations are required. Credit must be used during original reservation, no cash back, and may not be applied to room rate or hotel goods or services provided by a third party. Not valid on room rate, alcohol, taxes or gratuities. Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services. Does not apply to group bookings."
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It appears that the 50,000 bonus points portion of the benefits are no longer being offered.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
It appears that the 50,000 bonus points portion of the benefits are no longer being offered.
I just went to the website and see "Receive 50,000 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points after the first time you use your card."

Try clearing your cookies.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by PlatDrew
While Starwood Gold is a nice feature of the AMEX Platinum, I think a "Luxury" brand like Ritz Carlton would make a very nice addition. Seems like AMEX has some stiff competition in the credit card game especially with this card.
I don't understand this post. Amex Platinum already gives you access to all the Fine Hotels and Resorts benefits and Ritz Carlton properties are part of it.

Having "Gold" status at the Ritz is a totally meaningless benefit, as the Club level and suites are specifically excluded from upgrades. So, the only thing that Gold really gets you at the Ritz is free internet.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:13 am

I'm pretty sure that they have no obligation to give you a room in the club level with these certs, though I can't imagine why they wouldn't give you a room in the club level if it was available.
With this card, Club level upgrades get confirmed at the time of booking (which is the big distinguishing feature of this card, as every other program only provides upgrades based on availability at the time of check-in and with most of them Club level upgrades are excluded). So, if you are booking a qualifying rate and a Club level room is available, you are immediately booked into it.

If you are booking a qualifying rate and a Club level room is not available, you generally will not get access to the Club lounge at all, as all the RC's that I've ever stayed at are extraordinarily protective of the Club lounge and won't let people staying on a non-Club level access it (there are exceptions, but those are extraordinarily uncommon).
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Zhaunk
Re: "three e-certificates for the club upgrades" that appear in your account

Can you book any rate and get upgraded to a club room with these e-certs, or is it that you can use the club but have the same room type you have purchased?

Thanks!
Please see my explanation above. With respect to the rates, you can't combine the Club level upgrade with discounted rates (corporate rates, convention rates, membership rates, etc...). From what I understand, there is no way to work around this restriction as the Club level upgrade is actually a promotional rate in itself, so that the agent reserving it has to enter it in the rate box and cannot, therefore, enter any other promotional rate in that box.

This has been by far the biggest criticism of the program and is the reason that a lot of people are staying away from it and the card.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by am1996
I just went to the website and see "Receive 50,000 Ritz-Carlton Rewards points after the first time you use your card."

Try clearing your cookies.
That's what it still says on the splash page, but that's not what it says on the actual application page anymore.

https://applynowdc2.chase.com/FlexAp...DF01&SPID=DLW9
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by am1996
I don't understand this post. Amex Platinum already gives you access to all the Fine Hotels and Resorts benefits and Ritz Carlton properties are part of it.

Having "Gold" status at the Ritz is a totally meaningless benefit, as the Club level and suites are specifically excluded from upgrades. So, the only thing that Gold really gets you at the Ritz is free internet.
I agree that Gold at Ritz properties is not much, but at Marriott properties it could be quite valuable.

Regarding vs. FHR, Ritz Card's three upgrades are guaranteed while FHR's is based on availability. Also $100 credit for every two-night stay is guaranteed while not all Ritz properties participating in FHR offer similar additional benefits.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
That's what it still says on the splash page, but that's not what it says on the actual application page anymore.

https://applynowdc2.chase.com/FlexAp...DF01&SPID=DLW9
As long as it says 50K on the landing page, you shall be fine. Save the screen shot if you are worried.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leonard016
I agree that Gold at Ritz properties is not much, but at Marriott properties it could be quite valuable.
Gold status at Ritz gets you free in-room internet, which is not insignificant. 25% bonus points and late checkout are also nice. So not "totally" meaningless, just not something you need to go out of your way to achieve.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:51 am

Gold status at Ritz gets you free in-room internet, which is not insignificant.
The internet fee at RC's is usually about $10-$13/day, which is money but isn't a huge deal. I think that a lot of us who stay at RC's access the internet at least in part for business purposes even when we travel for pleasure, so that we get reimbursed/get to expense that charge anyway.

25% bonus points and late checkout are also nice.
The bonus points can be nice but the late checkout isn't really a big deal. It's not guaranteed and, if available, RC's offer complimentary late checkouts to people staying there without any status whatsoever.

Also remember that the comment that we are discussing here is one that said that a Marriott GC status would be a nice distinguishing feature of AMEX Platinum. If you have AMEX Platinum and are booking an FHR rate, you are guaranteed a 4pm checkout.

So not "totally" meaningless, just not something you need to go out of your way to achieve.
I agree with this.

My point is that at least to me, the primary benefit of hotel status is big upgrades, which isn't really possible at RC's since suites and Club level rooms are officially excluded.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:47 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Ironically, I think the best value from this card would be Gold status after only $10,000 spend for people who wouldn't normally qualify, but for stays at FS Marriott/Renaissance properties. I'm probably going to drop down to Silver next year, so this card is definitely on my radar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.