Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KENNECTED
Understanding your rating
Ratings allow us to ensure a great experience with Uber for both riders and drivers. Just like you rate drivers, drivers can rate riders on a scale of 1-5 stars after each trip.

How your rating is calculated
Your rating is an average of the ratings you’ve received from drivers, and is measured out of 5 stars. Ratings are anonymous, so neither you nor your driver will ever see an individual rating you’ve received.

Very few people have a perfect rating, so don’t despair if your average isn’t 5.0. Things that seem small to you can matter to your driver - it’s easy to accidentally slam a door if you’re not thinking about it. Knowing a little more about the things that affect a driver’s happiness can help you be a 5-star rider.

Short wait times.
Drivers love when riders are ready to go when they arrive at the pickup location. That includes making sure the location you entered is actually where you’ll be.

Courtesy.
Simple but true - it’s important that riders treat drivers and their cars the way they’d expect to be treated themselves. A positive attitude and considerate use of the car go a long way. That slice of pizza can wait.

Safety.
Drivers want to make sure everyone in their car is safe. Drivers shouldn’t be encouraged to break any laws. For example, every rider in the car should have their own seatbelt.

Why your rating matters
Ratings foster mutual respect between riders and drivers. This strengthens our community and helps everyone get the most from Uber. Just as you expect drivers to treat you with respect, drivers hope to feel the same acknowledgement from riders. A high rating is about more than bragging rights among your friends; it’s a sign that people enjoyed their time with you. Keep up the good work!
Print Wikipost

What's Your Uber Passenger Rating?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by samosa
I just noticed my passenger rating went down significantly after taking a few trips in Europe. I wonder if the language barrier caused people to rate lower.
Same here. I went from a 4.91 leaving London to a 4.74 after leaving France. Nothing changed from my riding habits except for the language barrier.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:34 pm
Suspended

4.76, 50+ rides
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
My current rating is 4.98. I imagine tonight's driver marked me down. He wasn't at all happy with me telling him which turns to take (even after he'd taken me to the wrong place), leaving us with a long way back to where I'd actually asked to go. But this is Kampala; none of the drivers here know how to follow Uber's navigation (or read a map)...
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Internaut
My current rating is 4.98. I imagine tonight's driver marked me down. He wasn't at all happy with me telling him which turns to take (even after he'd taken me to the wrong place), leaving us with a long way back to where I'd actually asked to go. But this is Kampala; none of the drivers here know how to follow Uber's navigation (or read a map)...
4.98??? Over how many rides?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by TMM1982
4.98??? Over how many rides?
Averaging 4 rides per day over the past four weeks. This is Kampala. The rules are different. Back home, my bus and tram tickets are all I need, so Uber is 3-4 times in a given month.

Edit: I should add that I always provide a tip. In Kampala, Uber is so absurdly cheap I sometimes tip at 100% if the service is good (my trip to the office is approx GBP 1.42 - same distance in the UK would be in excess of £10 - and Kampala isn't a cheap place to live).

Last edited by Internaut; Nov 22, 2016 at 12:46 am
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: United Silver
4.83 with 243 rides taken with $3742 spent.

This site is really cool to give you rides total/etc

https://uber.totals.io/

If you worried about privacy here is another way of looking it up https://uberstats.parseapp.com/

Last edited by thebob6; Nov 22, 2016 at 4:54 am
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
4.85 - down from 5!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
4.64 over 466 rides, 1452 miles.

Vast majority of my rides are short intra-DC rides where I don't come outside until the driver is there. I have a standard text that I send that says where I'll be and to go ahead and start the clock on arrival.

If I'd tipped $2 a ride, I'd be $932 poorer but I'd have a 4.8 or 4.9?

I'll keep the $932.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
4.64 over 466 rides, 1452 miles.

Vast majority of my rides are short intra-DC rides where I don't come outside until the driver is there. I have a standard text that I send that says where I'll be and to go ahead and start the clock on arrival.

If I'd tipped $2 a ride, I'd be $932 poorer but I'd have a 4.8 or 4.9?

I'll keep the $932.
I generally don't tip using Uber (I tip for unusual circumstances) and I've been between 4.64 and 4.67 for a couple of years now.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5.0, never tipped.

Not a huge uber user, but have 15 rides.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
4.88 / don't tip / 78 rides
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I just went from a 5.0 rating down to a 4.97, after using Uber for a trip in Bangkok.

There was a language barrier, I don't speak Thai. Had another passenger with me, I sat up front and him in the back.

The only thing I can think of was that I fell asleep for part of the trip and might have snored.
Is that a reason to not give me a 5?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by aztimm
I just went from a 5.0 rating down to a 4.97, after using Uber for a trip in Bangkok.

There was a language barrier, I don't speak Thai. Had another passenger with me, I sat up front and him in the back.

The only thing I can think of was that I fell asleep for part of the trip and might have snored.
Is that a reason to not give me a 5?
Or, anywhere outside of the US, a 3/5 or 4/5 is average.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I didn't know this was an option. Just checked and I have a rating of 5.0.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:27 am

4.64, 100+ rides, always on time/not chatty/never tipped. I do believe that drivers in NYC tend to rate lower out of spite for the rating system. I've witnessed drivers give riders 1 star for no reason (in an UberPool situation where I was the last one dropped off), you can guess what rating that driver got from me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.