Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dollar Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: IHG PC, Marriott, SWA A-List Preferred with Companion Pass
Dollar Promo Code WN45

I am using dollar promo code WN45 with my express renters reward login. The rate is the same (i haven't found a corporate code that gives me a better rate - anyone have one to offer?) as without it.
The code says "Drive off with double credit on rentals of 2 days or more picked up Sunday, Monday, tuesday, or Wednesday."

I will let you know if I get double credit toward my next free car rental.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: IHG PC, Marriott, SWA A-List Preferred with Companion Pass
Best code for Dollar (if airport that Southwest flies to)

The corporate code SW2359 gives me a rate of $40 for an econony car, with rates increasing to about $70 for a full-size. Without the code, cars start at $70 at PHX and TUC (Tucson, AZ).
Old May 29, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: marriott, USAir, JetBlue, Southwest, AA
Dollar code

If you AMEX card, AXMG gives you 10% off and free year of Travel and Leisure magazine or so they promise.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Silver
Just booked one day in Seattle, promo code LNKSH gave 5% off.
Not much but it worked.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: UA Silver, going for Gold this year
AMEX 10% discount code on Dollar

Got this discount code today with my Dollar Express card.

Book now and save 10% on any car when you pay with any American Express card at participating locations. Use promo code AXEX when booking on Dollar.com

Valid through Dec 31, 2010
Visit http://axex.dollar.com for full terms

Looks like a generic code that anyone with an Amex should be able to use.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by RobNelson
I am using dollar promo code WN45 with my express renters reward login. The rate is the same (i haven't found a corporate code that gives me a better rate - anyone have one to offer?) as without it.
The code says "Drive off with double credit on rentals of 2 days or more picked up Sunday, Monday, tuesday, or Wednesday."

I will let you know if I get double credit toward my next free car rental.
Thanks! Saved me $40!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
Corporate Code SW2358

Used corporate code SW2358 for a 3-day rental during the week in PDX. This code is for Southwest Airlines customers. It reduced the compact rate from the everyday low rate of $50/day (ouch) to a slightly less painful $41/day.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
SW2358 not working?

Is the SW2358 code still valid? I have used it for many years and the last few weeks have only gotten an error - "promo code not valid"

Any ideas for a replacement code that will give a similar discount?

Dan
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I have tried a number of codes posted here. After various failed attempts and some that did work, I found the easiest way to get a car for a week. I went via southwest.com and the rate there seemed to beat everything else I could find.

Week at Vegas in Premium was way cheaper than even the compact at $139 plus taxes, at Dollar.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Just did 5 days of Premium at IAH in December with no problem. Their top level was the cheapest price car at $45 a day before discount and $40 after.

The American Express Code still works and is even listed on their website under the specials section.

I normally rent with Hertz and get an LCar however this one is for my brother and at that price I too probably would have tried them out.

$45 Premium Car - Dollar
$60 Premium Car - Hertz With My Discount
$100+ Luxury Car-Hertz With My Discount

Enterprise and Thrifty also had similar pricing on Premium cars for those days.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:28 am

If you had to pay the taxable underage fee with Dollar for a premium car, the total price with Hertz would probably have been cheaper.

By the way, I'm curious if you saw any cars in the Dollar lot from the Northeast. Last month Dollar offered a one-way special from the NY area to TX, but I wonder if they actually got a significant amount. NY to TX is not as popular as their current one-way special of NY to FL.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: priority pass, M&M, Aeroflot Bonus
5-25% discount

5-25% discount on car rentals:
to make reservations by phone, please call 1-800-800-4000 and mention CD#SX6008 if 21-24 year old OR CD#SX6000 if 25 and older.
SAVE 5-25% off retail rates for Intermediate and larger size vehicles.
Rates are available at all participating Dollar locations when vehicle is returned to original renting location.
Earn frequent flyer miles from most major airlines.
Unlimited mileage.
Blackout periods may apply.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:47 pm

Careful. That sounds like the Student Advantage Discount. I saw somewhere online that it used to waive the underage fee but for some reason not anymore.

I e-mailed Dollar to clarify. They replied that the underage fee is not waived, the different code for underage renters is just for internal tracking purposes, the discount is small, and other discounts and city specials may be lower. They also said that the discount will still apply for one-ways, but the FL drivein special is not discountable.

If you're looking for an underage fee waiver, Hertz has a coupon on their website, as well as free Gold Family: hertz.com/goldfamily. If you use the Underage Coupon, you can use the AAA CDP if you qualify, but no other coupon. The Gold Family CDP can be used with other coupons.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:31 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
If you had to pay the taxable underage fee with Dollar for a premium car, the total price with Hertz would probably have been cheaper.

By the way, I'm curious if you saw any cars in the Dollar lot from the Northeast. Last month Dollar offered a one-way special from the NY area to TX, but I wonder if they actually got a significant amount. NY to TX is not as popular as their current one-way special of NY to FL.

Sorry auto havent been on since last week ive been really busy. this rental is for my older brother, hes over 25 (28) so he does not have to worry about the age charge as i do (march that changes )

also he isnt doing the rental until the 15th ill ask him to see if he spots a lot of cars from the north east in the lot. hes probably wont remember though lol

also, the northeast specials cars could be ones that originally came from other places

do all premiums at dollar have leather?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:03 am

$42.99 per/day Midsize SUV in US only

Rate Code: 3C14M
Great promo code, knocked the base rate of $171 down to $42.99 per day with unlimited miles. US Only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.