Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Enterprise screwed me over twice - one major one minor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

So I touch down in Geneva (French side). Get the usual email my car is ready.

Screwed Over Major
============

1. Go to the counter. Told quite rudely I am 1 hour earlier to come back when its time for my rental.

2. Wait for an hour and then go to the counter again. This time told there is a delay in the car.

3. Thirty minutes later, I was told "the previous renter decided to keep the car for an extra day and there is no car for me"

4. I ask why did they even bother to take the reservation. Again told rudely, "we can go to the car park and show you we have no cars."

5. It's 6pm by now and a few people with booking with Enterprise are in this situation and we are all afraid of being stranded overnight. Fortunately Hertz have a huge van but it cost twice the cost of the Enterprise rental.

Screwed Over Minor
============

6. I filed a complaint with enterprise and was told I they would refund the difference in the rental price with Hertz and Enterprise rate.

7. Told 3 weeks ago the payment would occur shortly to my credit card.

8. No payment to date.

9. Contact Enterprise and told they have no record of my complaint!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
I get that delays and unexpected shortages happen, particularly with smaller operations, but it's weird that they'd send an email that your car is ready if it wasn't. Did they address that at all?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by strickerj
I get that delays and unexpected shortages happen, particularly with smaller operations, but it's weird that they'd send an email that your car is ready if it wasn't. Did they address that at all?
Indeed. It wasn't just me but about 4 of us in the same boat.

From now on I'm booking a backup car in Europe as they seem to understand the idea of "taking" a reservation but not the notation of "keeping" one!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Weird, but in hindsight, I don't think we've ever gotten what we reserved in Europe (but always at least gotten something). The car rental operations over there all seem to be smaller than in the U.S./Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.