Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

My Friend is Renting a car in from Budget Indiana with a Florida Driver license

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Friend is Renting a car in from Budget Indiana with a Florida Driver license

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Talking My Friend is Renting a car in from Budget Indiana with a Florida Driver license

ok she never had a Car for past 4 years so she renting a car for 1 day for just to see she get Approved from Budget but her License is a Florida License with Florida Address! so I think she would get into Trouble for Not Having a Indiana License would she ??
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's no big deal. She won't have a problem. People from other countries can also rent cars in Indiana.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Your friend should not have a problem due to license being from out of state. If they had restrictions on people not being able to rent with out of state licenses the rental companies wouldnt be able to stay in business.

Hopefully your friend enjoys their time my home state!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:13 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Suggestion Box forum is for suggestions to FT's Community Director concerning the board's operation, structure, etc.

Therefore I will move your thread to the appropriate car rental forum.

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Suggestion Box forum
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by beautygirlFl
ok she never had a Car for past 4 years so she renting a car for 1 day for just to see she get Approved from Budget but her License is a Florida License with Florida Address! so I think she would get into Trouble for Not Having a Indiana License would she ??
Is she still a Florida resident, who just happens to be visiting Indiana? If so, she should be fine. Just make sure that she has insurance to cover her if she damages the rental car, and/or if she hits another car or a pedestrian!

But if she moved to Indiana a while ago, and never traded in her FL license for an IN license, then yes, she might get in trouble -- but with the State of Indiana, and probably not with the rental-car company.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

she been living in indianan for 2 years

Originally Posted by guv1976
Is she still a Florida resident, who just happens to be visiting Indiana? If so, she should be fine. Just make sure that she has insurance to cover her if she damages the rental car, and/or if she hits another car or a pedestrian!

But if she moved to Indiana a while ago, and never traded in her FL license for an IN license, then yes, she might get in trouble -- but with the State of Indiana, and probably not with the rental-car company.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

yea she didnt have a car for past 4 years
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
See:

http://www.in.gov/bmv/2341.htm
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
You can take it from me that all the car rental companies care about is that you have a valid driver's license. I won't go in to the details

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.