Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enterprise Kiosks

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 1:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Enterprise Kiosks

I used one for my first time last week at IAH

It actually worked pretty well. Most information can be scanned from your license and it had no issue reading my CC. It does still offer you all the ancillary stuff an Enterprise agent would (insurance, GPS, satellite radio, fuel tank option etc.) but you can click through it very fast. It definitely sped up the experience then dealing with an agent.
Old May 16, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by CMK10
I used one for my first time last week at IAH

It actually worked pretty well. Most information can be scanned from your license and it had no issue reading my CC. It does still offer you all the ancillary stuff an Enterprise agent would (insurance, GPS, satellite radio, fuel tank option etc.) but you can click through it very fast. It definitely sped up the experience then dealing with an agent.
Nice. So it's an actual automated kiosk, and not a glorified video phone like the ones Hertz uses? No need to talk to a human?

Do they still do the dreaded walkaround with you, then? I guess you just take the ticket outside to the pick-up lot meet someone there?
Old May 19, 2017, 6:30 pm

Looks like...

an Alamo kiosk.

*Reminder, if you're a LAS resident, can't use the Alamo kiosk, either go the counter (ugh) or check in online so you can go straight to your car, no counter, no kiosk.
Old May 23, 2017, 9:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jackal
Nice. So it's an actual automated kiosk, and not a glorified video phone like the ones Hertz uses? No need to talk to a human?

Do they still do the dreaded walkaround with you, then? I guess you just take the ticket outside to the pick-up lot meet someone there?
It's a fully automated kiosk though it just helps you skip step one of the process, the part where you interact with a counter agent. You take the print out to an agent outside and do a walk around while they explain why the car has 600 dents and 48,000 miles.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:40 am

lol

Originally Posted by CMK10
It's a fully automated kiosk though it just helps you skip step one of the process, the part where you interact with a counter agent. You take the print out to an agent outside and do a walk around while they explain why the car has 600 dents and 48,000 miles.
...if you're "lucky", eg "while they explain why the car has 600 dents and 48,000 miles"! A few months ago during the last day of my Enterprise rental, the left side of the bumper separated from the body (ugh), and when I returned the car, bracing for the worst that I was goin' be held responsible, the agent cheerfully says, "oh, don't worry 'bout that, the bumper was previously damaged during a re-alignment we did"...

thanks for the heads up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.