Wiki Posts
Search

Buget YYZ snow tires rental

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Buget YYZ snow tires rental

Will be visiting Toronto on March 11-18 and noticed that Budget has their "special" class available with snow tires. It'll be around, $300 total, $100 more than a standard car. Anyone have any experience with their special class with snow tires? What type of car/tires do they have on it? The website says chevy cruze or similar. Or I could get a premium car from hertz for about $200 including fees..
Old Feb 26, 2017, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What sort of driving will you be doing? City? Rural? Hills/mountains?

Is your car category front wheel drive, all wheel drive, or is a rear wheel drive vehicle a possibility?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
mostly city/highway driving. mostly likely FWD car. I'm a fairly good and confident driver and have driven there before, just don't really have any experience in the snow/winter time (live in los angles!), and being a car guy, I know that snow tires make a difference, but just don't want to spend the extra money if the rental is going to give me some crap car/tire when I'm better off with a "regular" car
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:34 pm

Not sure if you need snow tires, it's basically spring here in Toronto with all the snow already melted although there may be one more small snow/rain period in March. If you feel that you need snow tires when you get here, you could always ask Hertz/National/Budget for a Quebec-plated car as they are required by law to have winter tires until March 15.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.