My bad experience with EZ Rent A Car

Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

My bad experience with EZ Rent A Car

I rented a car from ez rent a car Orlando, that had a half of tank of gas when I rented it. so I returned it with a half a tank of gas. At which point ez rent a car staff said, I need to pay for half a tank of gas. they also said there is no way we could have left the garage with half a tank of gas. Really? they give you keys and you drive out of the garage. the yellow slip they give you had a mark by the 1/2 tank indicator for the gas, so we thought the gas level was correct. (I wish I had taken a picture of the gas gauge and odometer reading prior to leaving the garage)
I have gone back and fourth with their customer service for weeks, until they finally tell me that my refund was denied.
all they would have to of done was check their own records. this vehicle would have been returned with half a tank of gas by the previous renter, (perhaps they took the option where you pay a flat rate and you do not have to return the vehicle filled up. but then EZ rent a car staff would have needed to do that, they obviously did not. there would be the 'lack' of the record for this fill up. then the car was marked ready for rental, mistake on their part, that I now have to pay for.
there was also mileage out discrepancies from whats on the invoice to whats on the yellow slip, more mistakes on their part.
They have lost all my future business because of this and I will tell as many people as possible not to use their service. Because if you have a problem, its not their problem.
I hope they go out of business like they deserve to.

save yourself some headaches and some cash and Do Not Use EZ Rent A CAR or their sister company Advantage rentals.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
What did you do with the yellow slip they gave you which indicated half a tank of gas? Did the rental contract indicate the fuel level too, and if so, did the contract say "full" or "half"?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
What did you do with the yellow slip they gave you which indicated half a tank of gas? Did the rental contract indicate the fuel level too, and if so, did the contract say "full" or "half"?
My rental agreement copy for all the companies I rent from state the level of the fuel in the tank. When I found a discrepancy even with the whatever "Fast" lane/break marketing name where I am direct to the car I make a point to go back into the counter and get it changed.

I always look at the receipt when turning in the car. There is some onus on the Renter to confirm what you are renting and not just looking for dents.
I found that out when I found the gas cap missing refueling the car before returning it. Had to argue with the check in guy about being charged for it, another story but I now check for gas caps before leaving the property not just fuel level.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

The gas tank marking on the yellow slip? they ignored that. The mileage discrepancies between the yellow slip and the contract, they ignored that.
They could have refunded the money they took from my account, made things right and kept me as a customer. But that was not the case. They may have won the battle so to speak but lost the war.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the heads up. Unless they get on this thread and explain how their "business" practices makes any sense, you're not the only customer they've lost.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Do a chargeback dispute for the amount of the 1/2 tank of gas and submit the yellow slip as proof. It's unlikely that EZRAC will bother to respond over a small amount.

As a general proposition, these things deserve one attempt -- just one attempt -- with the merchant. Then move to the CC dispute.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.