Wiki Posts
Search

Expedia rental car service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Expedia rental car service

Hey folks,
My husband and I purchased our flight and rental car from Expedia. When we reached our destination we were forced to pay more as the rental agency said my insurance was not "valid " in their county (Mexico).
What are the chances that Expedia will refund the money we paid them for the rental and insurance? My feeling is slim
Feeling taken advantage of
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk. We have forums set up for car rental discussions, and in order to get people to focus on your questions, I'll move it to a more appropriate location.

Note it would be enormously helpful if you can indicate what actual rental car company made the insurance comment. Expedia is only an intermediary in your transaction.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

American auto insurance is invalid in Mexico, and Mexico does have laws requiring certain unsurance. The minimal allowed varies by state. (There's a thread in the Mexico forum with more details about required and add on auto insurance in Mexico.)

IMO the chance they will reimburse you legally required auto insurance is minimal at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.