Rental Agreement Not Fully Closed?

Old Feb 14, 2024, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Rental Agreement Not Fully Closed?

Just returned a rental to an airport location and an Avis agent (appeared to) scanned the car in. However, I did not get a e-receipt immediately unlike previous times.

The rental still shows up as My Car and a current rental in the Avis app. Avis.com says "Your rental has ended" but does not show it in past rentals.

Requesting an e-receipt at Avis.com yields "Rental vehicle for rental agreement number XXXXXXXXX -Vehicle must be returned to the location and the contract closed in order to view rental information agreement online."

I called Avis customer support and the agent advised that nothing can be done until 72 hours after returning the rental. Should I be concerned?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 12:51 pm

I have had this happen more than once when dropping off a car during a busy time. It took about 3 days before it was finally closed and a receipt was emailed. Only once did I have to call back after the 3 days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.