Wiki Posts
Search

How do you ensure you really get a car?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

How do you ensure you really get a car?

We rented a minivan to take some relatives around--I go to pick it up, no minivan. Given Memorial Day it seems to be impossible to get one now, we had to cancel our plans.

What can I do to avoid this in the future??
Old May 24, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
We rented a minivan to take some relatives around--I go to pick it up, no minivan. Given Memorial Day it seems to be impossible to get one now, we had to cancel our plans.

What can I do to avoid this in the future??
Make backup reservations at another location is about the only real option.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Make backup reservations at another location is about the only real option.
Just remember to check out if there is any cancellation penalty and if so how to avoid. That is if you make two reservations for the same date and about same time, and the first has the vehicle reserved, what can you do about the second reservation/when do you have to do it by?

Sadly for NYC not getting the reserved class is almost the norm around holidays. Where did you make this reservation? Did they offer to at least try and find if other locations had minivans? National would at least try to get you something, even if it meant sending you out to one of the airports.

Memorial Day weekend didn't really get going until today (Thursday), you're saying that on Tuesday whoever you made the reservation with left you hanging?
Old May 26, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by BugsyPal
Just remember to check out if there is any cancellation penalty and if so how to avoid. That is if you make two reservations for the same date and about same time, and the first has the vehicle reserved, what can you do about the second reservation/when do you have to do it by?
Sure, but cancellation penalties are very rare I find, outside of very high end cars or prepaid rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.