Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Masssive Disruption to Car Rentals at Sydney Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC

Has anyone picked up a rental car after arriving on a domestic flight at Sydney airport T2 and T3 recently? I've read reports of "massive disruption" due to the closure of P1 domestic parking lot (where you apparently used to pick up rental cars) for “urgent unforeseen remedial works" that are likely to continue for another six months (Note: International arrrivals at T1 are apparently unaffected.)

Would be great if anyone has any firsthand experience of whether this is accurate? And which car companies are most convenient to use until things get back to normal? According to Sydney Airport website,
Redspot, Enterprise, Alamo and National have been relocated to 7 Coleman Stree, Mascot (which seems to be closer), while Sixt are only operating out of T1 and Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty, Dollar and Europcar are said to be a 30-minute shuttle away at Ross Smith Avenue in the South-East Sector.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.