Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Old May 2, 2006, 5:49 pm

Smile Smile if you're Irish at Alamo!

I rented a midsize SUV out of SFO using the Costco Alamo code and also adding a $15 discount code I got on the Alamo website. I needed the SUV for 4 weeks.

Here is where the deal gets interesting .... if you select that you are Irish from the dropdown list instead of being a US resident, the rate for the 4 weeks dropped from $169 a week to $132.52 a week.. When I collected the car, they didnt ask any questions...

$150 savings over a month.. essentially a free week for saying you are Irish!
Old May 4, 2006, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, 1 MM
American Airlines 25 th ANN deal:
http://www.alamo.com/index.do?action...affiliateRes=Y

250 AA miles per day

I also used a coupon from Visa with this for a discount and I chose Ireland from the country dropdown list and got even a better rate.
Old May 5, 2006, 12:32 am

Programs: CO, AF
Is add driver charged ?
Old May 5, 2006, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jpegase
Is add driver charged ?
Depends on the location. My rez. in Hawaii included the extra driver but they charged me anyway. I argued with them but gave up & called CS when I got home. They reversed the charge. Get everything in writing, as in email, and you'll be OK.

BTW, I just did a rez. and tried changing country of origin to Ireland and my rates went UP. Tried various other countries and everyone made my rate go up. Stick with USA.

Phil
Old May 6, 2006, 1:50 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Costco members and AAA members receive one additional driver at no charge as part of their benefits.
Old May 12, 2006, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Recreation
Costco members and AAA members receive one additional driver at no charge as part of their benefits.
How do you get a AAA discount with Alamo? AAA's exclusive provider is Hertz.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 11:57 am

Programs: US Airways SP, Hilton Gold VIP,National Emerald,AVIS Preferred
Under 25 years old renting.

I have a question, my friends daughter will be renting a car in NM. Anyone knows a programm, which will not penolize her for been 2 months shy of 25 years old.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zoricr
I have a question, my friends daughter will be renting a car in NM. Anyone knows a programm, which will not penolize her for been 2 months shy of 25 years old.
Per FT rules, you should not be asking the same question in every forum at the same time!

Pick a forum (and a message there) where it makes sense, and WAIT to see if you get a reply.

It seems every forum I've read this morning has a message from you (in a RANDOM thread) asking the very same question!!!
Old Jun 21, 2006, 9:56 am

Programs: Starwood GOLD, Air Canada Aeroplan El, HHonors, Priority Club, Hyatt GOLD, Best Western
Originally Posted by rk_y2k2003
I rented a midsize SUV out of SFO using the Costco Alamo code and also adding a $15 discount code I got on the Alamo website. I needed the SUV for 4 weeks.

Here is where the deal gets interesting .... if you select that you are Irish from the dropdown list instead of being a US resident, the rate for the 4 weeks dropped from $169 a week to $132.52 a week.. When I collected the car, they didnt ask any questions...

$150 savings over a month.. essentially a free week for saying you are Irish!
What about at rental time; doesn't presenatation of your drivers license tell them you are not from Ireland?
Or do they even care?
I noticed using the UK also gives the lower rates.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Canada1
What about at rental time; doesn't presenatation of your drivers license tell them you are not from Ireland?
Or do they even care?
I noticed using the UK also gives the lower rates.
I still use my CA licence ... I have rented 3 times like this and have never been asked any more about it .... they process as normal ..
Old Jun 26, 2006, 4:13 pm

Alamo's AAA Discount Code

Originally Posted by formeraa
How do you get a AAA discount with Alamo? AAA's exclusive provider is Hertz.
An Alamo agent told me over the phone that their AAA discount ID# is 93666. I tried it online and found that Costo's discount was just as good. jschackne
Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:06 am

Using my Costco corporate code and their $25 off coupon, I lowered the price of the convertible I rented in Maui (Nov 11-17) from my previously locked rate of $289 to $258 (tax included) yesterday. Includes unlimited mileage and one additional driver.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Used the Costco code for the 25% off and one additional driver for a Convertible on Maui (OGG). Our initial quoted rate for 1 Week plus 3 days...was $508 total.

I was re-pricing regularly and finally about 2 weeks prior to arrival that same code netted a lower rate for the same 10 days convertible of $405. So canceled the old reservation and rebooked a new one saving an additional hundred bucks.

So watch and reprice those rates often, as it seems Alamo discounts even deeper if they have excess inventory going into the final weeks. But don't wait too long or they could go up.

BTW...OGG Alamo never asked to see my Costco card.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 4:02 pm

Checking back at Alamo.com I re-booked (for about the 5th time) again and saved another $30 for my 11/11-11/17 trip to Maui. One week convertible rental (using Costco discount code and $25 off coupon) was booked for $230.87.

Old Sep 26, 2006, 2:05 pm

Programs: United 1 k ;Hertz Gold; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Priority Club Gold; BMI Silver
auto europe

Is there such a thing as an auto europe discount code or coupon?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.