Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by WAS
Your post is nonsense. The code is for Lufthansa staff.

You might want to be careful with the advice you give people - telling them to use codes like that and making them think they are fully covered, when in fact they are taking on a lot of risk.

That's not the point. None of the corporate and other restricted codes I know of will show any restrictions on the contract. That doesn't mean you are entitled to them. They are not obligated to check for you whether or not you can use it.The risk is not when you leave, it's after you return. I personally would not want to risk owing a new car when the best I can say for myself is "oh, but nobody said anything when I was leaving the lot!".

Anyway, you do what you want. I was just trying to make sure that the newbie gets the full picture. It's bad advice to only tell someone about the possible savings without mentioning the risks involved.
I think that's what everyone wants here; to share the best info.

Alamo says, and I made my res for this coming week over the phone (I don't always have internet access when I need to do these things) and asked, the agent checked and said no restrictions or requirements. If the gate guy says nothing (which is what I am expecting) and the contract says nothing (which is what I am expecting but we'll see) and subsequently there's an insurance issue and they try to pull something they can talk to my lawyer. I would welcome that fight but I'm a bit crazy that way.

Rental companies will try to stick you with a bill for damages and avoid honoring coverage like you and I breathe. I've had disputes with them before but this would be a relatively easy win.

I'm not worried about using this code but of course YMMV. Also I will report back afterwards and we'll see what was on the contract. Ty to all who have contributed.

Last edited by trajanc; Jun 28, 2015 at 9:10 am
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz President ś Circle , AF- KLM Flying Blue, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by WAS
Your post is nonsense. The code is for Lufthansa staff.
Alamo has specific contracts ID's for specific target markets.
Like they have a rate for Delta employees.
If your not one of them; do'nt use the contract ID.

The Star Alliance/Lufthansa contract ID is not one of those.
The same status as the KLM/Airfrance ID with National Car

Used it several times .
Based on what knowledge / experience is your "The code is for Lufthansa staff.????

Hear say ??
You assume...?

Last edited by bedeve; Jun 30, 2015 at 8:28 am
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:06 am
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by bedeve
Alamo has specific contract ID's for specific target markets.
Like they have a rate for Delta employees.
If your not one of them; do'nt use the contract ID.

The Star Alliance/Lufthansa contract ID is not one of those.
The same status as the KLM/Airfrance ID with National Car

Used it several times .
Based on what knowledge / experience is your "The code is for Lufthansa staff.????

Hear say ??
You assume...?
http://www.alamogames.de/thirdParty/lufthansa_en.htm

There. It's the FIRST search result in Google. Did you even bother to look? If you're not Lufthansa staff, don't use the code, you are right in that.

The KLM code for National was a code for Air France / KLM frequent flyers, not staff. They are not the same at all.

Also, the fact you used the code several times means nothing. Apparently you still don't get it. What matters is if you can use it, have an accident, and they honor the included insurance.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz President ś Circle , AF- KLM Flying Blue, BA Executive Club

Alamogames ????

An amateur website from a guy in Frankfurt.
The source of your wisdom

BTW:
The KLM code for National IS a code for Air France / KLM Flying Blue members. No one will ever check if you qualify at a National Car exit booth !

Last edited by bedeve; Jun 30, 2015 at 8:26 am
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:25 am

Guys, let's please keep this 'civil'....lol

bedeve, I appreciate all the info you have provided.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:38 am
WAS

Alamogames ????

An amateur website from a guy in Frankfurt.
The source of your wisdom

BTW:
The KLM code for National IS a code for Air France / KLM Flying Blue members. No one will ever check if you qualify at a National Car exit booth !
Roll your eyes all you want, but so far it's the ONLY website that mentions this code. I'd say it's good enough. But if you're right then it shouldn't be a problem to contribute a few public Lufthansa, Miles and More or Alamo links that show this rate.

About Flying Blue: Yes, it's for members, that's what I said. But for the third time, the exit booth means nothing. Do you understand that I am talking about the risk when you return with damage?

Last edited by WAS; Jun 30, 2015 at 8:45 am
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by WAS
But for the third time, the exit booth means nothing. Do you understand that I am talking about the risk when you return with damage?
If you should mention Alamo's "TRADE" rate to support your argument i would agree with you !
But in this Star Alliance/ Lufthansa discussion we keep an opposite opinion.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:08 am
WAS

If you should mention Alamo's "TRADE" rate to support your argument i would agree with you !
But in this Star Alliance/ Lufthansa discussion we keep an opposite opinion.
No links? Opposite opinions then. Safe driving!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by WAS
Safe driving!
^
Likewise !
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by hawaiimommy
Coupon code AD2338FDF takes $30 off the rate. Try that in combination with the Costco id code for Alamo.
AD2338FDF worked on an October 2015 reservation in Brazil, although not for the full 30 dollar rebate.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:52 am

Glad the code worked for you. Maybe new ones are out today because a lot of codes expired June 30th. I will check.
Thank you for all the codes I have gotten so far. I appreciate everyone's help.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:59 pm

Got my rental using the Lufthansa code. Luxury from LAS. On contract account: Star Alliance/Lufthansa. Under rate rules and restrictions nothing beyond term and price details. No questions from staff.

Side note, really disappointing selection. 2 Lincoln MKZ. 1 Infiniti SUV. Was in a hurry so did not get into asking to pick from enterprise. 1 MKZ was a 3.0 and smelled of smoke. Took the MKZ 3.7. Windshield dirty on the inside but otherwise car is fine.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:57 am

Th^^anks !!

Brings my 14 days Tahoe rental back to $ 522.45
Can I ask what code you used?
I have a Tahoe booked for 11 days in Texas at the end of July and I'm getting a rate of $820 using the Costco codes. I have no idea how to bring it down further.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by bmwman3241
Can I ask what code you used?
I have a Tahoe booked for 11 days in Texas at the end of July and I'm getting a rate of $820 using the Costco codes. I have no idea how to bring it down further.
Check if contractID LHF icw coupon ad2338fdf works for you
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:36 pm

I am not seeing the Premium SUV (Suburban) as an option when I use the contract ID LHF and coupon code AD2338FDF. I do see a full-size(tahoe), but would like the Suburban. Is anyone else seeing the option to book a premium SUV with these codes?

I do see it as available when I do a regular booking with no codes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.