Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:41 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by tassojunior
granted, but when you put the code in it comes up as "pepmaster.de"
For some reason, it is coming up differently now. It comes up as
Alamo.de Pep Master Pl. Exact copy.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by elruso
Good to know Alamo doesn't check the eligibility.
Will they check it in the event of an accident?

Doesn't really matter if they do. They accepted the reservation with the given insurance without qualification (meaning the agent never said anything to the customer about qualifying for the free insurance). Least that is how it worked at the rental agency I worked at. They had free insurance for AAA members for a while and many non members used it and resolved claims. Majority of instances the claim process would just proceed basically on autopilot with no issues. They might talk some crap but if you get a lawyer they would fold. Sadly in this small group a lot of people would just get freaked about their credit rating and the threats the agency would make and they'd negotiate a settlement.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by trajanc
Doesn't really matter if they do. They accepted the reservation with the given insurance without qualification (meaning the agent never said anything to the customer about qualifying for the free insurance). Least that is how it worked at the rental agency I worked at. They had free insurance for AAA members for a while and many non members used it and resolved claims. Majority of instances the claim process would just proceed basically on autopilot with no issues. They might talk some crap but if you get a lawyer they would fold. Sadly in this small group a lot of people would just get freaked about their credit rating and the threats the agency would make and they'd negotiate a settlement.
Interesting point - and I could see this applying to enforcing the LDW component, but two potential issues:

1) Liability - car rental agencies carry the state minimum on their own - which would leave renters without their own liability insurance holding the bag if they cause an accident and get sued. If you have your own auto policy it likely covers rental cars for both damage and liability (LDW doesn't factor), but if you rent frequently and don't have your own auto policy I recommend you do as I did and buy a Non-Owners Policy (certain AAA regions sell these).

2) If your lawyer forced the claim back on the rental company and they paid it, you might save a big repair bill, but I'm guessing that agency will ban you for life for using a code inappropriately and pushing the claim cost back on them (or their insurance company).
Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:24 pm

an 'old' continental one pass code that i used in the past worked well when i re-ran upcoming reservations today 443824 Orlando for 8 nights in standard = fullsize there. Less a $35 coupon $148 total vs triple w/o a code.
no idea if it's tied into a credit card or anybody that has signed up for continental's one pass program is eligible to use YMMV

Last edited by keishashadow; Jul 4, 2012 at 3:22 pm
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
I got in an accident in a rental car (my own fault) during my misspent youth. My insurance covered the damage, but I never got around to paying the deductible to the rental car company.

The rental company in question had absolutely no problems whatsoever continuing to let me rent.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:51 pm

Thank you for the savings

I have been reading these posts for a few years now and I never posted anything. I would like to thank those who posted the pepmaster code for Alamo. My rental went from $1250 for 2 weeks to $442 for two weeks plus upfront fuel. I do have some questions about this code. Has anyone been refused a rental because of this code? Also it already gives you upfront fuel, do you have to also request it on the screen where it asks you if you would like any additional things such as prepaid fuel. I know you have to contribute to this forum so here is my contribution(some of you might know these already but at least I'm trying)

1. Coupon code AD2359FDF gives you $35.00 of a weekly rental. It is an American airlines frequent flyer coupon. No physical coupon is needed but if you would like to play it safe you can sign up for free. When I tried to use it with the pepmaster code it came up on the itemized screen which shows you everything you are getting. But the $35.00 doesn't come off. I called Alamo but i used a different id# (I didnt want to ruin the pepmaster code as others have ruined other #id's) and the rep said it seems to be a glitch in te system and that i am entitled to the discount since the computer didn't reject the code. It simply didn't deduct it. He told me that upon the return of the car to point it out to the car lot attendant that prints you up the final receipt. As from experience the lot attendant can give you additional discounts before he/she prints up the final receipt. I usually get an additional $40 by telling them the car had a bad odor coming from the vents. It really happened to me and they gave me the $40 off so I've tried it ever since. Alamo rep just said to show the lot attendant the reservation printout to the attendant. I would not complain to Alamo about that coupon while renting the car for fear of them not letting you rent using the pepmaster code.

2. You can use the kiosks or check in online only if you DO NOT HAVE A COUPON CODE. When you get flagged at the kiosk it so they can verify the coupon. It tells you when you try to book on top of the screen that the coupon may be asked to be verified at time of rental. This is why a lot of people are flagged to go to the rental counter.

I hope this info helps
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
So far no one has reported an issue using the code.
Nothing additional needs to be done to get your free tank of gas.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
hi there, im not at all familiar with Alamo so please ignore my ignorance. I am trying to use a coupon code for Hawaii OGG and every coupon I try to use says "Your coupon cannot be applied to this reservation."

does anyone have a coupon that works in Hawaii or is a universal coupon code?

Costco ID seems to give best rate. Rate includes 1 additional driver. Does driver need to be present when picking up the car....additional driver is my spouse.

Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by koctail
hi there, im not at all familiar with Alamo so please ignore my ignorance. I am trying to use a coupon code for Hawaii OGG and every coupon I try to use says "Your coupon cannot be applied to this reservation."

does anyone have a coupon that works in Hawaii or is a universal coupon code?

Costco ID seems to give best rate. Rate includes 1 additional driver. Does driver need to be present when picking up the car....additional driver is my spouse.

Thanks.
I just tried several at OGG, and they all work. Including the Costco coupons. My suggestion is that you make sure you are meeting all T & C's. Such as Sat night keep, minimum days, exp date.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:23 pm

When I use any of the pepmaster codes on a one way, I get charged a hefty $150 drop fee... is this something they've added recently? I've seen people say that these codes are good for one way rentals but I'm having the opposite experience.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: spg plat Hyatt diamond Marriot gold avis pres club national ex
When I make my res using ti1 it shows a free tank but when i look at my conf email it is nowhere to be seen. Is this the norm?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 4:18 pm

International Insurance Coverage

For over 10 years I have been renting cars with Alamo in Cancun using the product code YQ. Normally, it would drop the rate quite a bit. Sadly, I tried it today and found it no longer working.

I then used the pepmaster code TIND1 and the -$35 coupon code AD2359FDF successfully. The Collision Damage Waiver and the Airport 10% Fee were included due to the pep code. However, the base rental rate was increased $107.05 from the base rate without the pep code.

My main problem is the extra Personal Liability Insurance ($12.95) per day. You don't officially have to purchase PLI in Mexico however, the Collision Damage Waiver does not include PLI. Either with Alamo, my credit card or my own auto insurance. If I hit or injured someone, my car would be covered but not the other party and I would be so screwed!

I did some previous research by speaking with Alamo, my credit card companies and my personal auto insurance company. In the United States, I would be covered through my personal auto insurance for the PLI but not in Mexico/Internationally.

I can purchase Mexican auto insurance but only on my personal car coming into Mexico. Mexican insurance companies will not cover rental cars for gringos.

I am convinced that most people who rent autos internationally have no clue about this 'donut-hole' lack of coverage. They buy Collision insurance with the rental agency or decline it because of their credit card coverage. If all goes well, no problem, hit another car or injure someone and you are legally and financially totally exposed and up a creek without a paddle.

I would greatly appreciate any communication and/or advice concerning this issue from you, my fellow members.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:02 am

Quick update - I used the T code for a friend out of a large New England airport - He used the Kiosk, went to the lot , picked out his SUV and went on his happy way, got back - business as usual, greeted & checked out with a smile.^
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by plagwate
These folks who can't be bothered with reading back a couple of pages certainly don't have the time to make reservations for themselves.
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Or if they dont have the skills to do it themselves, but still want a bargain. These are the people that book for the wrong day, wrong city, and wrong car type, then complain about the company.
So true.

While the nature of the forums is to provide and get the best deal for flyers, it comes at a risk that it may be used incorrectly and thus leads so many to refrain from posting codes that mess it up for everyone else. that is why the first T code is no longer available (thanks to the Disney forum folks).

I also do not understand why it is so hard for these folks to go back a few pages to read through which might give insight on how to obtain the codes. its only 47 pages people (as of now), it isn't a 100 page thread (like in other forums that take forever to read through).

Anyway, I reported back in Nov that the T1 code worked in both HNL and KOA without issues, also used the second T code in March for FLL, also no issues.
Since then those codes no longer work (thanks Disney ). But like I said, if one is patience and reads the thread(s), and cross references Google, one can figure out the new code and to where to make the reservation. Once you get that reservation, just come back to the US Alamo site and modify it if you need to by adding additonal coupons etc..

With that said...
Just booked a Jeep Wrangler in HNL
Left with Code, right without

Even though I've used the codes before, I am still making a separate booking with Costco ID and that AA coupon just in case.

TS
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I'm pretty surprised that the T-code is still alive - given the fact that it was accidentially published by Alamo almost five or six years ago on one of their e-Campaigns in Germany (which were targeting Germans traveling to the US, hence the inclusion of CDW and LIS as these are required for those travelers given the different insurance-system in Germany where the car is the sole insured object). That time some confusion came up because a handful of vacationeers were denied their cars, most notably at Florida-locations, especially in Miami. That, because the code was used deliberately for a Alamo-promotion led to the fact that this went up the foodchain of Alamo's corporate, and the decision was made to honor all bookings (and to discontinue the use of the code for any promotions, at least in Germany). This, however, is probably the reason why today it still works without any problems: Nobody either revoked the code or the blanket waiver for it's use...

That said, you may want to keep an eye on the German market for these types of codes. There is a code available that will be in the same dimension as the T-code (maybe a handful bucks more expensive), yet completely legal to use. The code is provided to employees of numerous companies in Germany as part of their Corporate Benefits ("Mitarbeiterangebote"), and has no restrictions attached as to it's use.

I've used it all over the US with no problems at all, and for my upcoming vacation, an IFAR comes to about $380 with all taxes, upfront fuel, LDW and LIS and nine additional drivers for a ten-day one-way rental in Florida...

So maybe you use google to find this code - it is available on the Internet, you just have to find it...:-)!

Greetings - Dirk

Last edited by djohannw; Jul 31, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.