Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

When is Thrifty going to get their Blue Chip act back in order?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

"Please be advised that as we modify our systems, you will temporarily be unable to view pending reservations, view and print receipts of your past rentals or view your Renter Rewards credit balance. To obtain your account details, please use our email feedback form, or call Member Support services at 1-888-400-8877 (option 3 then 7). We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience. "

This has been the message that has been on the Thrifty Blue Chip link for months and months and MONTHS now. I do not like not being able to see all my reservations, not being able to keep track of my free night credits, make sure I cancelled things properly, etc...just not being able to see my account in general.

WHEN is this going to be resolved? If you call they say they don't know and "I can tell you what your upcoming reservations are" - I don't want that, I'm like a mother hen with all my reservations and like to SEE them in a nice orderly list.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:53 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

They are in the final stages of integrating with Hertz now. Basically Dollar and Thrifty are moving to the Hertz system and very shortly, the new confirmation numbers for both brands will look like the Hertz confirmation numbers. There have been lots of bumps along the way. Wish I had better news for you, but it may get worse before it gets better.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
They are in the final stages of integrating with Hertz now. Basically Dollar and Thrifty are moving to the Hertz system and very shortly, the new confirmation numbers for both brands will look like the Hertz confirmation numbers. There have been lots of bumps along the way. Wish I had better news for you, but it may get worse before it gets better.
All US locations have been using the new system since Oct 2nd. The only parts left are the franchisees and the Canadian locations, of which the former is scheduled to be done in Q1 of 2016. I suspect they will "renovate" the website soon to match that of Hertz.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:20 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by am1108
All US locations have been using the new system since Oct 2nd. The only parts left are the franchisees and the Canadian locations, of which the former is scheduled to be done in Q1 of 2016. I suspect they will "renovate" the website soon to match that of Hertz.
The locations themselves have converted to Hertz's rental software, but the reservation systems are still being integrated.

Currently, when you book a Dollar or Thrifty reservation, two confirmation numbers are generated--one from the Hertz system (G followed by 10 numbers) and one from the Dollar Thrifty reservation system (K followed by 7 numbers for Dollar or 6 alphanumeric characters beginning with G for Thrifty). Customers who book by phone are given the new-format numbers, while customers who book on Thrifty.com or Dollar.com or via a GDS are still given the old-format numbers. The new Hertz-format numbers aren't accessible on Thrifty.com or Dollar.com, but the full changeover should be happening later this month, after which everyone will receive a Hertz-format number and those will work on Thrifty.com and Dollar.com.

Dollar/Thrifty licensees use third-party software systems at the rental counter, so there isn't anything to change there except for the reservation number format, which will be completed at the end of this month.

I would suspect that Dollar Express and Thrifty Blue Chip profiles will be visible and functional again after this is completed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.