Wiki Posts
Search

Hall monitor at BWI rental facility

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 0.4MM
Hall monitor at BWI rental facility

For anyone that has rented cars out of BWI, they know it's a shared space between the rental companies, with various exits out to the vehicles in between the counter areas. There are probably 8 different ways to get out to the cars.

To get to the Hertz cars, you can to to the right of the Hertz counter, or to the right of Budget, or to the area where the bathrooms are.

I typically take the exit next to Budget since it is the most direct route to the Hertz cars. It doesn't say Budget customers only, going out, or coming back in. But two of the last 3 times I've been there (Sunday nights) an angry Budget employee asks people "Are you fast break customer?" And if you answer no, he says the door is broken. The first time it happened to a lady in front, so she walked around and I followed, but as I got to the lot, I saw another pair walking out of the "broke" door.

The next time, I just walked through, and ignored his prompting. He seemed very upset. Next time I'll probably just go through the bathroom side if its that big a deal, but I wouldn't think that a leased space like that (at a common rental facility) they wouldn't have ownership of certain doors, or am I wrong in that belief? And if so, they should post signs on the door saying who can walk through what door rather than being argued at by an employee of a company that I'm not even doing business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.