Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any tips for renting a "5-door"

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Any tips for renting a "5-door"

A 5-door car, what we used to call a hatchback.

I travel often for work, where a colleague stores a bicycle for me at his home. He brings it to the office for me on Monday morning, and my challenge is finding a rental vehicle that will fit the bike, to drive it from the office to the hotel.

Last summer, for whatever reason, I had great luck finding minivans and/or SUVs for the same price as a compact or midsize. But no luck with that this spring/summer. So I'm wondering about other vehicles that could fit the bike (which doesn't have quick-release wheels, BTW). Hatchbacks are perfect, fold the rear seat down and the bike slides right in the back.

I've sometimes gotten PT Cruisers from Alamo as a compact, and last week Budget gave me a hatchback Prius. But these are hit and miss, more often than not, the assigned car (or available cars in the choose-your-own aisle) are standard sedans with standard trunks.

Are there any rental companies that might have a 5 door as a reservable option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.