Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Kosher Meals on Singapore Airlines in Business and 1st

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kosher Meals on Singapore Airlines in Business and 1st

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by craz
Didnt know SYD was same day. Which brand did you have out of HKG that it was Fresh? Ive gotten Hermolis a couple of yrs ago on CO it wasnt Fresh as Hermolis AFAIK only makes its meals in London. The last couple of times on UA I got KoshAir.Is BKK a hit or miss? = you got lucky that the day you were flying was the day they cooked.I just dont see enough of a demand that would lend them to prepare meals on a daily basis

Tel Aviv isnt always fresh either, try flying out a day or 2 after Pesach you will still get a Kosher for Pesach meal. The only way to know for sure its Fresh is if theres a salad on the tray. I know Hermolis delivers almost everyday, but Ive been in the BA F lounge and been told they havent gotten any meals in a few days and they ran out earlier in the day from what they had on hand, How true that was I dont know but thats what I was told

I think the Only 2 mkts where theres enough of a demand to actually have Fresh meals daily is NY and TLV. Not saying they arent available elsewhere just that the demand isnt there.
Hermolis delivery daily to LHR except on Saturday (due to Shabbat) and Sunday morning (as they don't have time to cook). Meals don't go to lounges every day. The only LHR lounge which always has kosher meals (frozen) is at T1 IME.
Out of BKK and HKG it was on El Al - in HKG they kosher a kitchen at the local caterer, at BKK they use the same kitchen as Bangkok Air Catering. Meals are prepared whenever there are LY flights (most days).
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 2035
Hermolis delivery daily to LHR except on Saturday (due to Shabbat) and Sunday morning (as they don't have time to cook). Meals don't go to lounges every day. The only LHR lounge which always has kosher meals (frozen) is at T1 IME.
Out of BKK and HKG it was on El Al - in HKG they kosher a kitchen at the local caterer, at BKK they use the same kitchen as Bangkok Air Catering. Meals are prepared whenever there are LY flights (most days).
Now BKK & HKG makes alot of sense, why didnt you simply say you were flying on LY to begin with.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: All of them...
In Dec I flew SQ Suites and got a lousy Botenstein Business meal, vert little food, no real dishes etc
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by chff
In Dec I flew SQ Suites and got a lousy Botenstein Business meal, vert little food, no real dishes etc
Thanks for the update I have an up coming suites flight, I'll order vegetarian.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:22 pm

I fly SQ 25-26 JFK-FRA-JFK very often.
FRA-JFK leg instead of fresh Sohar (FRA) meals they bring frozen disgusting Hermolis have been sitting in SIN for who knows how long. When served they are still mostly frozen and the main course is smelly (especially the fish)
Breakfast is just obscene, Potatoes with beans!! and a slab of scrambled egg that is not worthy of prison food
I complained so many times to SQ but no one cares!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:40 pm
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Originally Posted by abigezunt
I fly SQ 25-26 JFK-FRA-JFK very often.
FRA-JFK leg instead of fresh Sohar (FRA) meals they bring frozen disgusting Hermolis have been sitting in SIN for who knows how long. When served they are still mostly frozen and the main course is smelly (especially the fish)
Breakfast is just obscene, Potatoes with beans!! and a slab of scrambled egg that is not worthy of prison food
I complained so many times to SQ but no one cares!
I haven't been to prison so I can't match your personal experience, but the standard Hermolis C/F English breakfast of an omelette / saute potatoes / grilled tomato / baked beans / mushrooms is a heck of a lot better than any US-supplied meal. But, agreed, Sohar fresh would probably be better.

Did you contact Hermolis before complaining to SQ?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:55 am

unfortunately I couldn't find a contact for them, but would love to.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:02 am
FF

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
Originally Posted by abigezunt
unfortunately I couldn't find a contact for them, but would love to.
All the contacts are on their web site.....
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:17 pm

still haven't been able to reserve KSML from PVG-SIN even though I can for all other segments. I have called multiple times but they say ksml isnt offered on that route. Indeed when I go online to the dropdown meal menu and choose religious for that flight it offers Hindu or Muslim but not ksml. Any suggestions? Anyone ever get ksml for that route? It's pretty hard to believe its truly not offered.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by FF
I haven't been to prison so I can't match your personal But, agreed, Sohar fresh would probably be better.
Not IME.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: onepass ba united virgin
Just flew SQ-25 jfk-sin in first/suites jfk-fra was burnstien ksml which was crap. Fra-sin was hermolias which was better then burenstiens but not the same as BA serves ex LHR in reg. Dishes and much better menu, I guess hermolias will give you what SIA is willing to pay.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:57 pm
FF

Originally Posted by tslizzy
Just flew SQ-25 jfk-sin in first/suites jfk-fra was burnstien ksml which was crap. Fra-sin was hermolias which was better then burenstiens but not the same as BA serves ex LHR in reg. Dishes and much better menu, I guess hermolias will give you what SIA is willing to pay.
Yes, Hermolis provide whatever the airline specify / pay for!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 3:51 pm

In the case of one Chinese airline all I got was a cutlery box with some crackers... just before Passover too. In business class.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Shimon
In the case of one Chinese airline all I got was a cutlery box with some crackers... just before Passover too. In business class.
EK gave me a paper box with fruit
Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:06 am

You got fruit. I only got plastic cutlery from England that was probably made in China.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.