Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kosher Meat Restaurants in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Kosher Meat Restaurants in NYC

Following on recent threads on restaurant recos, I'm looking for NY (preferably Manhattan) restaurants that serve kosher venison or bison.

Aside from Levana, any place you can think of?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 5:01 am

Programs: BA, LY,TK
Prime Grill 49th Street,
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:20 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
I know its not NYC, but by leaps and bounds the best Bison I've ever had was at the Tierra Sur restaurant in the Herzog winery in Oxnard, CA...
Old Apr 12, 2009, 4:45 pm

Levana is no longer open for business.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Pureboy
Levana is no longer open for business.
I believe they're closed for renovations.
Old May 18, 2009, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Originally Posted by W9London
Following on recent threads on restaurant recos, I'm looking for NY (preferably Manhattan) restaurants that serve kosher venison or bison.

Aside from Levana, any place you can think of?
Abigael's, which is also in the RN dining program, so you can get miles. But it's not nearly as good a restaurant as Le Marais.

Youmight also look to see if Prime Grill serve these meats: but NB. They are crazily expensive.
Old May 26, 2009, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by salut0
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Abigael's, which is also in the RN dining program, so you can get miles. But it's not nearly as good a restaurant as Le Marais.

Youmight also look to see if Prime Grill serve these meats: but NB. They are crazily expensive.
I strongly disagree about Abigael's. Some dishes at Abigael's are absolutely out of this world -- esp. the chili!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA ex-1K (now nothing), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I know its not NYC, but by leaps and bounds the best Bison I've ever had was at the Tierra Sur restaurant in the Herzog winery in Oxnard, CA...
I'll second that -- it's a bit out of the way to get to, but this is a really excellent fleishig restaurant.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 3:58 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by elihassett
Prime Grill 49th Street,
While both Prime Grill and it's sister restaurant, Solo, are excellent (and, yes, expensive) kosher steakhouses, I don't recall seeing venison or bison on the menus there in the many times I have been.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I'll be dining at the Prime Grill in a couple weeks. Any recent reviews on the place? I've heard it's very good and the menu looks impressive.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I'll be dining at the Prime Grill in a couple weeks. Any recent reviews on the place? I've heard it's very good and the menu looks impressive.
I must tell you this honestly, since I've eaten there a few times. The food is good but the service is disappointing, and the prices are significantly higher than a competitor like Le Marais. Personally, I don't think it's worth the premium.

A steak at Le Marais might cost $25: the same sort of steak at Prime Grill starts at $40 and will more likely be $50, but with no appreciable difference between them. In the past, PG have charged us for extras like French fries (who ever heard of paying extra for French fries with a steak?) where Le Marais do not.

That said, do enjoy Prime Grill if your heart is set on it: culinarily, it's a good experience, but it's not a quiet restaurant, and the service and the small amount of space between the tables has made the meals I've eaten there feel rushed and a bit slapdash.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:23 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Be sure to check out the fish tank while you're there
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.5MM SPG
We rate it a 2:

2 noisy
2 expensive
2 little on plate
2 slow and
2 close to neighboring tables

and much prefer Le Marais when visiting NYC.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Oceanrider
We rate it a 2:

2 noisy
2 expensive
2 little on plate
2 slow and
2 close to neighboring tables

and much prefer Le Marais when visiting NYC.
I agree with 2 expensive, 2 slow and 2 close to other tables

But I also find Le Marais to be much more noisy and alot less meat (although they charge less so maybe it wont be the case on a per oz basis)

Plus by PG I usually can find street parking on Park Ave w/o having to pay. Try that for LM. If you wont be driving in then no prob
Old Jan 28, 2010, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by craz
I agree with 2 expensive, 2 slow and 2 close to other tables
me 3.
their service really sucks. great food but the ambiance ruins it.

Re Le Marais- 1, sit upstairs, alot quieter, 2, between 47 5/6 you can often find street parking. you have to walk around the block, but its still not to far by NYC standards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.