Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 28, 09, 6:51 pm   #1

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.4 MM, UA 1K, DL Plat, Avis Chairmans Club
Kosher in Madrid

I have a 15 Hour stopover on a JFK-MAD-TLV route and I am curious if anyone can recommend somewhere to eat dinner. I am aware that there are 2 Kosher Restaurants, has anyone tried either?
damaxer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 09, 3:30 am   #2

Programs: BA, LY,TK
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaxer91 View Post
I have a 15 Hour stopover on a JFK-MAD-TLV route and I am curious if anyone can recommend somewhere to eat dinner. I am aware that there are 2 Kosher Restaurants, has anyone tried either?
Try the LA ESCUDILLA An excellent meaty restaurant
Santisima Trinidad 16
28010 Madrid

Tel. 91 445 73 80

Call Rabbi Gil Binyamin 0034 678266096 He will be able to help you with anything else you need during your stay
elihassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 09, 7:02 am   #3

I second the recommendation--excellent steaks, I recall the price was quite reasonable (several years ago, ok admittedly almost anything looked better than then).

A friend recently went there but the place was not open--it looks like they may decide not to keep it open on slow night. Definitely recommend calling ahead. I took a taxi from the hotel, the restaurant can call you a taxi on the way back.
W9London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 09, 6:09 pm   #4

Programs: AA 2MM, UA Gld, SPG Plt+LT GLD, GP Plt, Mets fan (we have no status at all).
We went to Naomi Grill 2x in Aug 08. Most of the dishes were quite tasty - but the steak was not worth eating (either time). They pay a lot of attention to customers known to them, and mostly ignored us...but it was to be my only meat meals on a 12 day trip, so I was willing to tolerate bad service for good food.
CO FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 11, 10:40 am   #5

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Any updates?

I'm on the same JFK-MAD-TLV route (only 13 hour layover). My office is next to the airport, i'll work there for the day, but want to get out for dinner. Then red eye to TLV.
Old Sep 25, 11, 12:07 pm   #6

Programs: EL AL Matmid Platinum, Virgin Flying Club Red
Anything new?

We shall be in Madrid for an overnight layover in December.
mikebg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 11, 1:36 pm   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebg View Post
Anything new?

We shall be in Madrid for an overnight layover in December.
did a Shabbos stay last Nov, went into La Escudilla before Shabbos hoping to buy some food, they had next to nothing and a chickhen leg (with maybe 5 or so bites to it was 18 Euro) I believe La Escudilla is a block or so from the shule which is in its own little dead end area, otherwsie I was in a different restaurant, they had no side dishes.