Christmas in Christchurch, NZ

Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Christmas in Christchurch, NZ

I will be in Christchurch for Christmas Eve/Day this year and I'm looking for suggestions on places to worship. I'm Methodist but any Protestant/Catholic service will appeal to me. Ideally I'd like to attend services both on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. Music is very much my thing and I love fantastic evensong, cantors, choirs.

I will be staying at the Crowne Plaza downtown and will NOT have a car so I'm hoping to find something I can walk to. I realize the concierge will probably be able to make suggestions but much prefer first hand recommendations.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: US Silver, CO, DL
Was reading the paper this morning and the Post travel section had a good story about Christchurch:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...121801910.html

They mention the Christchurch Cathedral:

http://www.christchurchcathedral.co.nz/

It's been several years since I was in Christchurch but I think the cathedral is pretty close to your hotel.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Perfect... their services are EXACTLY what I was looking for. Fantastic!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.