Wiki Posts
Search

Lulav as carryon

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2023, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Lulav as carryon

Wondering what happens with a lulav as a carryon — particularly when you have a Basic Economy ticket. I usually travel on AA where I have OneWorld status but this time I had to book on United. UA’s website suggests that any item other than the dimensions of a “personal item” that fits under the seat in front of you “will need to be checked at the gate, and you will be charged for a checked bag and an additional $25 gate handling fee” if it exceeds those dimensions.

Is there an exemption for religious items? I don’t want to check the lulav since it’ll get damaged but there doesn’t seem to be an option for buying a larger size carryon as a basic economy ticket holder without status.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 3:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I can't answer your question, but it did raise my curiosity. Where will you be flying to? Can you get the four species there instead of importing it? Also, if you are observant enough to be concerned about having them, have you arranged for a sukkah in which to eat and sleep during the holiday?
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.