Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Roman Catholic Church World Youth Day, July 15-20 2008 SYDNEY: Index of information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roman Catholic Church World Youth Day, July 15-20 2008 SYDNEY: Index of information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Pope Praises Sydney WYD before taking a holiday

It's time to wrap it up... Lots of pilgrims still here but this is almost the final word:
Australia was extraordinary: Pope [SMH]
Pope Benedict has described his trip to Australia for World Youth Day as "an extraordinary experience" which demonstrated the youthful face of the Catholic Church.

Speaking before the weekly Angelus prayer at his summer residence outside Rome, he paid tribute to "the multicoloured mosaic created by the boys and girls from every part of the earth, all reunited by one faith in Jesus Christ".

"I still have in my eyes and in my heart this extraordinary experience, in which I was able to meet the youthful face of the church," the Pope said.

He thanked the church and civil authorities in Australia for their co-operation in organising World Youth Day, which brings together young Catholics from across the world every two or three years.

Hundreds of thousands of people, including about 135,000 young people, attended a Mass last Sunday marking the end of the events in Sydney, and the Pope, in Australia since July 12, returned home on Monday.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Thank you

As a participant at WYD, I'd like to thank all Sydneysiders for their hospitality, friendliness and patience. I heard nothing but praise and appreciation from my fellow pilgrims about their experiences in Australia. I hope it translates into future tourism revenue (especially if and when the U.S. dollar strengthens ) as well as spiritual renewal in Australia.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:49 am

Programs: CO One Pass, Lifetime PC, 1/5 to 1M
Alas, my local paper only reported about apologies and meetings with victims; there was no mention of 400,000 pilgrims gathering for prayer with the pontiff. O tempora O mores

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.