No more KSML on BA Short Haul?

Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
No more KSML on BA Short Haul?

Have booked BA Club Europe BRU-LHR, and KSML is not in options of special meals. Every other Special meal is available. Called up BA , went to manager, apparently not available, due to shortness of flight.

Hermolis used to provide kosher meals according to length of flight, according to which band the flight is between, however, very dissapointingly, this seems to have been enhanced away now.

Would be interested to know if this is only with band 1 (BRU,CDG,AMS etc) or even band 2, 3 etc?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I flew LHR-MUC this week and had a kosher meal both ways.

I would escalate it and make a major fuss about it. The first reply you get from BA is never worth the (electronic) paper it is written on. The agent just has a brief look and presses the button for 'reply 43'. You will only get a sensible reply on subsequent attempts.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
So whats my best bet?

I used avios to book this in CE, as economy was not available then.

I could call to complain about no KSML, they would probably agree to cancel and I could rebook in economy if and when economy opens up availability, saving 3750 avios and 3 pounds.

Or I could complain after the flight and probably get 5000 avios.

Thoughts?

And BTW, mikebg, did you get Hermolis both ways?

Last edited by benberg2013; Mar 26, 2017 at 7:45 pm
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by benberg2013
And BTW, mikebg, did you get Hermolis both ways?
Yes.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:32 am

I note that Kosher is still listed on flights to MUC. Maybe just the very shortest flights don't have it? Still worth making a fuss about.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:14 am

I received my KSML today on LHR-MUC in CE
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Made a fuss about it, but nothing coming.

we're sorry, etc etc
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:21 pm

Received a KSML a couple of weeks ago on LHR-EDI in CE
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone know what the deal is with this? Flying J from FCO-LHR in April.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Anyone know what the deal is with this? Flying J from FCO-LHR in April.
I fly LHR-MUC-LHR in CE about once a month. Last month I had no problem and got a KSML both ways. I am flying again on Tuesday and will report back.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:16 pm

Reporting back, as promised. KSML in each direction in CE to and from MUC
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I received a KSML on April 8 on FCO-LHR in CE. It was Hermolis and delicious.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
I received a KSML on April 8 on FCO-LHR in CE. It was Hermolis and delicious.
AM or PM?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:16 pm

Today: KSML in each direction in CE to and from MUC. LHR-MUC early morning (hot breakfast). Return MUC-LHR early evening (chicken salad, which was excellent).
tedcruz likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 4:57 pm

1125am departure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.