Wiki Posts
Search

Kosher Warsaw

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Kosher Warsaw

I'll have a 4 hour connection in Warsaw in March, I want to know if that would be enough time to get off the bus and get a bite to eat?

I'll probably take the bus into town just to kill some time, are there any Kosher places that I could go to, eat and get back to the airport with say, an hour and a half or so to spare?

Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rafi2k6
I'll have a 4 hour connection in Warsaw in March, I want to know if that would be enough time to get off the bus and get a bite to eat?

I'll probably take the bus into town just to kill some time, are there any Kosher places that I could go to, eat and get back to the airport with say, an hour and a half or so to spare?

Thanks
I believe the only grocery and place to get food is at the main shule. When I stayed in WAW I believe the bus took close to 1 hr to get to my stop (by the main train station) which is where the Shule is

With a 4 hr layover that wont leave nearly enough time to get to and back from the city with any safety edge in case something hits the fan. I wouldnt leave the airport even if using a taxi
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz

Thanks
I believe the only grocery and place to get food is at the main shule. When I stayed in WAW I believe the bus took close to 1 hr to get to my stop (by the main train station) which is where the Shule is

With a 4 hr layover that wont leave nearly enough time to get to and back from the city with any safety edge in case something hits the fan. I wouldnt leave the airport even if using a taxi
I'm regretting not going through ZRH now, one quick train ride and boom! Erikastrasse shul and plenty of resources!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:36 am
Suspended

I'm regretting not going through ZRH now, one quick train ride and boom! Erikastrasse shul and plenty of resources!
The problem with that shul is if you dont know the combo to open the door and no one is coming you are SOL. I must have stood outside 1 Shabbos morn for close to 1/2 an hr But Im not sure I would even go there if all I had was 4 hrs, Id probably just stay in the airport. But if luck is working and I could jump on a train 1-2-3 w/o a long wait then a big maybe
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
The problem with that shul is if you dont know the combo to open the door and no one is coming you are SOL. I must have stood outside 1 Shabbos morn for close to 1/2 an hr But Im not sure I would even go there if all I had was 4 hrs, Id probably just stay in the airport. But if luck is working and I could jump on a train 1-2-3 w/o a long wait then a big maybe
I transit ZRH like 6 times a year, I always go to the Erikastrasse shul, the code is משה.
Lovley place, always run into friends there.
It's about a 20 min total journey time from ZRH to Widekonne or is it Oerlikonne? Forgot already lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.