Search

BA KSML ex-YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

BA KSML ex-YYZ

Hello people!

I flew YYZ-LHR yesterday 23OCT11 with BA in J-class. I had requested a KSML, which was served to me in the Executive Lounge before departure - so far, so good.

I was a little surprised to see that the Masbia-supplied KSML, which was allegedly for J-class, was served on disposable plates. Moreover, although metal knives and spoons were included, the forks were made of plastic!

This clearly was not a passing blip, because the same presentation applied to the breakfast tray that was presented to me on board the BA flight shortly before arrival at LHR.

Is this mish-mash of cutlery, and the displosable, plastic, flatware now standard with Masbia?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
I've gotten Hamasbia J class meals on AC out of YYZ a number of times (most recent probably a year ago). Always a real flatware and cutlery and always excellent quality.
I would guess they temporarily ran out of real so that had to use disposable
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
OP said "Masbia." Is that Hamasbia?

Last time I flew BF on CO, TLV-EWR, I had Hamasbia with real utensils
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
I don't remember the name for sure, but the Hamasbia out of TLV is not the same as the kosher caterer out of YYZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.