Wiki Posts
Search

"special kosher" out of tlv

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: co ba
"special kosher" out of tlv

I know that there is always a fiasco when flying out of tlv in regard to kosher meals. Many of the airlines offer kosher and also glatt or special kosher, the problem is that most of the customer service reps out of israel are unaware of this, so it leads to a fiasco on board. Anyway, i will be flying on delta out of tlv, does anyone know if they went the way of CO. by offering only "Special Kosher" or do they offer both. If they offer both anyone have the customer service rep # in Israel so i can call them and ensure I get a glatt meal.
Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:52 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by mhron
I know that there is always a fiasco when flying out of tlv in regard to kosher meals. Many of the airlines offer kosher and also glatt or special kosher, the problem is that most of the customer service reps out of israel are unaware of this, so it leads to a fiasco on board. Anyway, i will be flying on delta out of tlv, does anyone know if they went the way of CO. by offering only "Special Kosher" or do they offer both. If they offer both anyone have the customer service rep # in Israel so i can call them and ensure I get a glatt meal.
Thanks
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that other than LY all airlines offer only SKML as an option out of TLV
Old Aug 2, 2010, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that other than LY all airlines offer only SKML as an option out of TLV
that was my my understanding as well. As I thought they closed up the airport kitchen.

then I thought LY as well was using that awful caterer with the Eida from Netanya as well.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by damaxer91

Not correct. I know that BA use the other supplier (airport kitchen) for KSML in business and first - economy is SKML, and SKML can be provided for C and F on request. LH use the airport kitchen for KSML in F.

I am not sure about others.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: co ba
when i flew swiss 6 months ago in biz out of tlv the meal was standard kosher not special or glatt kosher

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.