Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Radisson SAS to open in Bucharest (source : Rompres)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

Several new hotels are to open this year in Bucharest, with more than 2,500 rooms, according to real estate consultancy company Colliers, informs Business Standard daily on Monday.

Currently, some 5,500 hotel rooms are being operated in Bucharest. Colliers reported growth of 4 percent in 2007, but the figure will be significantly higher this year.

Three large hotels are expected to be finalized in 2008: the RIN Grand Hotel, with 1,400 rooms, the Ramada Plaza (302 rooms) and the Radisson SAS (424 rooms).

'We can expect that Bucharest will continue to attract several large international hotel chains interested in coming onto this market in 2008. Major investments in hotels will focus on four and five-star properties,' according to Colliers representatives.

International chains, such as Marriott, Intercontinental, Hilton, Golden Tulip, Accor, and Best Western are already operating in Bucharest. Some 74 million euros were invested in the hotel market in 2007.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 2:36 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Good evening,

I stayed two nights at the Radisson SAS Bucharest recently and it was overall a nice experience.

I had a One Bedroom suite which was approximately 80 sq m, quite nicely furnished and a good return on investment.

Breakfast is OK but not spectacular at all. Room service not top notch.

Price was 300 EUR a night and it was really worth it.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea

Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:15 am

Smile

Thanks for sharing SeamasterLux! I stayed at Carlson's Global Hotel of the Year last weekend. Here's a picture of my (less spectacular) Small King Size room on F&F rate (80 euro)

Short review + advice on airport transportation here.
Old May 19, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm staying in Bucharest one saturday night in June.
The Radisson has some rave reviews on Trip Advisor and the photos certainly look impressive, rooms are only £115 inc. breakfast, or £150 for a business room with lounge access.
The I/C has club rooms (inc. lounge) for €119, so less than £95 with Quidco. Reviews not so good, but this is probably dragged down by reviews before the renovation.
Has anyone stayed at both that could advise?

It is only me staying, so the extra £50 will only benefit me, if I was trying to impress it would be an easier decision!

P.S Only Platinum with ICHG (not amb), so doubtful upgrade chances. Lowly Silver with Raddison, but reasonable chance of upgrade, so I could either hope for upgrade to business room, or potentially I could get upgraded from the business room to something really nice.
Old May 24, 2011, 11:19 am

Forget the upgrade

I've just been to the Radisson (have never stayed in the IC) and would recommend not hoping for an upgrade. I'm gold (~50 nights last year) and got the standard room I had booked. My very convincing boyfriend had a chat with a different person at the front desk the evening of check in and changed that to a business class room (same size, worse view, but lounge). We were told "only upgrades for concierge level", so next time I'm in Bucharest I will probably stay someplace else.
Old May 25, 2011, 2:29 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
Though my room was very nice and at a very decent cost for the size, I have to admit that upgrades chances are very low. I'm also Radisson Gold and rarely get upgrades.

A good pick is the Hilton. I use my corporate code there to book a Deluxe King and get a junior suite (HH Gold) for 130 EUR a night. Very good value for money in my opinion and much nicer view.
Old May 25, 2011, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by evafa
I've just been to the Radisson (have never stayed in the IC) and would recommend not hoping for an upgrade. I'm gold (~50 nights last year) and got the standard room I had booked. My very convincing boyfriend had a chat with a different person at the front desk the evening of check in and changed that to a business class room (same size, worse view, but lounge). We were told "only upgrades for concierge level", so next time I'm in Bucharest I will probably stay someplace else.
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
Though my room was very nice and at a very decent cost for the size, I have to admit that upgrades chances are very low. I'm also Radisson Gold and rarely get upgrades.

A good pick is the Hilton. I use my corporate code there to book a Deluxe King and get a junior suite (HH Gold) for 130 EUR a night. Very good value for money in my opinion and much nicer view.
Thanks for the comments, I booked the I/C, mainly because of the much lower price for a better room (€119) including lounge. The lounge is on a very high floor (22?) at the I/C so sounds impressive.
I'm not a HH member so I don't consider Hilton's.

Since the change to Club Carlson it should be more upgrade friendly, (it is a stated Silver benefit now, even in Europe), but we know that is is an extremely inconsistent programme!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 2:36 pm

I visited Bucharest again this week, so this time I got to try the Radisson.

Standard rooms were around £150 a night due to high demand, so I decided to book an Elite Apartment for £180/night. I believe these are aimed at long term stays, but can be booked per night also. They are in a different wing with its own entrance, but it can also be accessed via the main hotel.
The room was very nice, separate King bedroom, large living area with dining table, desk, lounge area with sofa & armchairs, kitchen area with fridge and microwave.

The rate also included lounge access and breakfast, although breakfast is also available in the lounge (less choice but better service). The lounge is decent but not as good as the I/C. Alcoholic beverages only available from 5pm-7pm, and a limited supply of soft drinks outside those times also.

The public area was also very impressive, eye catching stylish bar in the middle of the lobby (surrounded by water feature) and huge huge outdoor bar / dining area around the pool. It was 30+ degrees while I was there, so it really felt like being at a resort.

Also the gym is massive for a hotel gym (most of the users didn't appear to be hotel guests), with a big pool both indoors and outdoors.

I'd definitely stay here again if I wanted to impress someone, although I wouldn't pay the price for myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.