Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First attempt on Swiss...?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2002, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

First attempt on Swiss...?

I plan to redeem a business class award ticket using AA miles for AMS-FCO/MXP via ZRH.

All sectors are on this apparently horrifying aircraft - the "Avro International Aerospace Aruoliner"!

Anybody knows if it's worth forking out the extra miles to sit upfront? How are meals like, if there are any at all? There hasn't been many trip reports on service/food on the new Swiss. Would Sabena/BA be better alternatives?

Thanks!

------------------
Spare the miles, spoil the flight!
Old Dec 5, 2002, 12:41 pm

Unless your flights are operated with Embraer or Saab aircraft, there is a difference between C and Y onboard service. IMO you can expect either a cold meal or a cold breakfast on most AMS-ZRH and ZRH-AMS flights, which I usually find to be tasty. In Y only sandwiches (croissants for breakfast) are served. For ZRH-MXP I think it is drinks and sandwiches in both classes, and for ZRH-FCO it will be a cold plate or even a warm meal in C, and a smaller meal in Y.

Considering lounge access and use of check-in lines as extra benefits, I would go for business.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 12:43 pm

Actually, the Avro is a nice plane. Seats are wider than anything I know in the european market, and if you get a seat in the front few rows of Y or in C, pitch is OK too. There aren't any exit rows though.

Swiss is definitely better than Sabena.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 1:14 pm

Programs: QR platinum
i wouldn't say that Swiss is definitely better than SN Brussels airlines
Flights on both airlines in C-Class recently (last month)had better experience on SNBA.

SNBA uses the same aircraft
Old Dec 5, 2002, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the prompt comments. It appears now to be a no-brainer. I am going to call AA tomorrow to grab that J seat.

After thought: anyone knows which class it's booked in? (biz class mileage ticket using AAdvantage miles) Perhaps I should just check the availabilty on line (ITN.net?) prior to calling.

Thanks again!

------------------
Spare the miles, spoil the flight!
Old Dec 5, 2002, 2:00 pm

Programs: QR platinum
Z -Class
have a nice trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.