Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas awards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2002, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
Qantas awards

From what I read in the Qantas forum, it's quite difficult for QF's own members to secure domestic award tickets.

However, I would like to know if anyone has experience with availability of such awards requested through Qualiflyer? - Thanks
Old Nov 28, 2002, 4:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I tried to get some last year and was told that QF domestic flights were embargoed for Qualiflyer members as a result of AN going down the pan and the reduction in capacity on domestic routes. I don't know whether this has changed with the expansion of Virgin Blue.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 2:45 am

I'm in the middle (ie I'm writing from Sydney) of a HKG-SYD-MEL-HTI-BNE-SYD-HKG routing on Qantas C class all for a bargain 70K points. Had no problem getting availibility althoiugh I ended up having to take a confirmed Y seat on the HTI-BNE sector - maybe it would have cleared in C if I had waitlisted longer but I was keen to confirm.

Stephen
Old Dec 2, 2002, 4:19 am

Programs: LH SEN
I had no problem getting an open jaw domestic award with stop over in September. After making my reservation (before ticketing though) I was even able to change the time of one of my legs. Availability didn't seem to be a problem at all.
Old Dec 2, 2002, 7:38 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Since Qantas dropped many of their Asian routes and replaced them with Australian Airlines - our choices have been restricted. I live in Nagoya, Japan and I have a heap of Swiss miles to burn. BUT now QF has pulled out of Nagoya - I have no airline to redeem my miles on. I must go to Tokyo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.