Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 2, 02, 1:09 am   #1

Cabin temparature probs onboard LX

I have experienced cabin temperature problems onboard many airlines, but never on Swiss or its predecessors so far. However, this changed last Friday.

LX 353 LHR-GVA (A320): way too high
LX 2817 GVA-ZRH (A320): this time they got it right
LX 1028 ZRH-DUS (S2000): freezing cold

Several pax were complaining, and the temperatures were adjusted mid-flight. Is this now a typical LX problem? Anyone else experienced something similar recently?
Old Sep 2, 02, 1:36 am   #2

Programs: LX, TK, Starwood, Marriott, Avis
Not recently, but once last year on an SR ORD-ZRH flight. Somebody complained, and it was adjusted immediately. I think they can adjust the temperature per cabin, since the FA said it'd only affect Business Class.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Sep 2, 02, 2:21 am   #3

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
I don't think this is a SWISS-specific problem. So far, I've had temperature problems on pretty much all my transatlantic flights, be it in Y or C, be it on (then) Swissair, BA, AA......

Especially on night flights, it seems like they turn up the heat in order to make it easier for people to sleep. But I just start to sweat and sleep is gone....

Never had a problem on European flights though.
Old Sep 2, 02, 2:54 am   #4

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by huegli:

Especially on night flights, it seems like they turn up the heat in order to make it easier for people to sleep. But I just start to sweat and sleep is gone....

Never had a problem on European flights though.
</font>

I agree for the first part.

We had a lot a trouble with Turkish Airline flights from GVA to IST. Almost on all flights and even in C-class.
One person even got sick because of the heat and the cabin people did quite nothing!!

kooks.
Old Sep 2, 02, 10:54 am   #5

Programs: LH SEN, SQ PPS
i ALWAYS have problems flying in the middle seats on 777's, doesnt matter which company i fly with.

despite the fact they are noisy and uncomfortable, the middle seats always seem to be chilly. last flight on a 777 was Emirates and it took two hours for the FA's to re-adjust the temperature

give me a good old fashioned airbus anyday!!