Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

Swissair Signs Olympic Marketing Agreement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2001, 8:16 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

The financially troubled Swissair Group signed a marketing agreement Tuesday that makes the Swiss carrier the official airline of the International Olympic Committee. Terms were not disclosed.

In a ceremony with Juan Antonio Samaranch at IOC headquarters, Swissair chairman Mario Corti said that an Airbus bearing the IOC's logo of five rings would start flying in July. He said it was "obviously very much in the interests of both parties."

Swissair lost $1.7 billion in 2000 and has been in turmoil since leading management figures and board members were forced out earlier this year.

"It is true that there has been a little turbulence at Swissair," Corti told journalists. "I am delighted that we can be here today. We are basically looking forward."

"This agreement is part of the strategy. We have to build on the strength of Swissair Switzerland and the organizations that are affiliated and operate in this country," he said.
http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/art...2001May15.html
Old May 16, 2001, 5:04 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Swissair will also look at opening Olympic Stores at Geneva and Zurich airports to add to the ones in Sydney and Athens, and it will work with the Olympic Museum shop to improve the service it gives.
http://news.airwise.com/stories/2001/05/990010960.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.