Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 300ER Seating Plan

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:36 am
Original Poster

777 300ER Seating Plan

Just booked economy flights which include returning from BK/Doha mid January. Shows as a 777 300ER but when I booked and requested the "2 seater" seats on row 17 I was told that these are now "3 seaters" and the "2 seaters" are located on row 24. Have Qatar changed there seat set up for this aircraft?
Outbound Doha/BK is in business row2 so cant compare.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by Ronel
Just booked economy flights which include returning from BK/Doha mid January. Shows as a 777 300ER but when I booked and requested the "2 seater" seats on row 17 I was told that these are now "3 seaters" and the "2 seaters" are located on row 24. Have Qatar changed there seat set up for this aircraft?
Qatar have decided to reduce their business class capacity on some of their new aircraft just coming into operation. Currently two new Boeing 777-300ER Seat Maps are now 24J/356Y instead of the normal Boeing 42J/293Y. Hence the two seats are now situated at 24 instead of 17 on 24j/350y. In reference to the amount of economy class customers travelling in Jan this year to BKK i assume all the flights heading that way next year will be on the 24j/356y. However it is a lottery and trying to get 17 or even 24 for that matter is difficult at the best of times.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Have Qatar changed there seat set up for this aircraft?
Try this for some info...

http://theqatarsource.com/boeing777-...ap24j356y.html
Old Mar 27, 2013, 4:07 pm

Qatar Airways Business Class - Best Seat - 777-300ER

I will be flying IAD-DOH-BKK.

Configuration...

4 rows 2-2-2
galley/bathrooms
3 rows 2-2-2

Anyone have any thoughts on middle isle first cabin vs. window second cabin?

bulkhead good in second cabin?

Difficultly in getting out from window if isle person is 180 flat?

Right now I am in middle isle in first cabin. (All windows taken)

I have flown in this spot before - it was ok, but felt a little "exposed"

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 3:25 am

Hi,

You need to walk over the aisle passenger to get out if he's flat. Not impossible to do without touching him/her but definitely no space to avoid "jumping over". Also consider FA passing food etc if your companion is likely to sleep from the start.
Advantage of window seats are a bit of extra storage, and the windows obviously but I prefer to seat on E and F seats (when in couple) and have direct aisle access.

I personally prefer the first cabin, just to be as far as possible from screaming babies at the beginning of economy cabin. (But I'm quite partial to baby crying for 8 hours...).
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by SMabille
Hi,

You need to walk over the aisle passenger to get out if he's flat. Not impossible to do without touching him/her but definitely no space to avoid "jumping over". Also consider FA passing food etc if your companion is likely to sleep from the start.
Advantage of window seats are a bit of extra storage, and the windows obviously but I prefer to seat on E and F seats (when in couple) and have direct aisle access.

I personally prefer the first cabin, just to be as far as possible from screaming babies at the beginning of economy cabin. (But I'm quite partial to baby crying for 8 hours...).
Good thoughts ...

Do you think the bulkhead window in second cabin is better for getting in and out?

It is 12-13 hours IAD-DOH. Because we leave at 11pm, I suspect I will actually sleep a fair amount, but it is so hard to predict plane sleep.

I am traveling alone. I think I will stick with my middle isle in the forward cabin, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 110pgl
Anyone have any thoughts on middle isle first cabin vs. window second cabin?

bulkhead good in second cabin?

Difficultly in getting out from window if isle person is 180 flat?
A few observations:

i) Row 4 is missing a window on all 777s

ii) Row 6 is missing a window on 777-200s

iii) Second cabin is smaller and hence may feel more exclusive and less busy

iv) Bulkhead windows are great but bulkhead aisle overlaps the entrance to the galley so the curtain may fall against your feet or people/equipment might bang your seat

v) There is a small gap between the end of the seat and the frame of the seat in front and furthermore the foot end of the seat is reasonably narrow; accordingly it should not be a problem getting out of a window seat

vi) My personal preference is that best window seats = 7A/K and best aisle seats = 7E/F
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
A few observations:

i) Row 4 is missing a window on all 777s

ii) Row 6 is missing a window on 777-200s

iii) Second cabin is smaller and hence may feel more exclusive and less busy

iv) Bulkhead windows are great but bulkhead aisle overlaps the entrance to the galley so the curtain may fall against your feet or people/equipment might bang your seat

v) There is a small gap between the end of the seat and the frame of the seat in front and furthermore the foot end of the seat is reasonably narrow; accordingly it should not be a problem getting out of a window seat

vi) My personal preference is that best window seats = 7A/K and best aisle seats = 7E/F
Thanks for the thoughts -

Why 7A/K vs bulkhead 5A/K ?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: QR Plat
All about seats here:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qat...nformation.php

-A
Old Mar 28, 2013, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by ph-ndr
I am sure we all use Seatguru all the time.

Seatguru is fine for general layout information but does not come close to people that have flown and their experiences.

None of the above could come from Seatguru.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 110pgl
Why 7A/K vs bulkhead 5A/K ?
Personal preference. I like to be at the back of the cabin and in the corner.

Old Mar 31, 2013, 3:53 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
777 300ER Seating Plan

I am not a fan of the bulkhead seats as you cannot use the IFE before takeoff or during landing and that you lose the storage space (shoes shelve and large cubby bowl below seat in front of you.)

Also I don't like the second cabin as that is where most op-ups will be and also families.

Personal preference is 3B/3J/3F/2B/2J/2F in that order. Although overnight on a window seat is better.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by EzzerBKK
I am not a fan of the bulkhead seats as you cannot use the IFE before takeoff or during landing and that you lose the storage space (shoes shelve and large cubby bowl below seat in front of you.)

Also I don't like the second cabin as that is where most op-ups will be and also families.

Personal preference is 3B/3J/3F/2B/2J/2F in that order. Although overnight on a window seat is better.
Thanks.... more good thoughts.

I wish I could grab a window in the first cabin for 12+ hour flight, but none are available. I guess for now I will stick with the middle isle.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
An sitting in 2B before take off currently ... Actually 2A/B/J/K is not that great either as 1A/B/J/K is angled inwards to the plane so your screen is skewered...

More 1st world problems!
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by EzzerBKK
An sitting in 2B before take off currently ... Actually 2A/B/J/K is not that great either as 1A/B/J/K is angled inwards to the plane so your screen is skewered...
What plane are you sitting in? Mrs IM & I choose row 2 seats whenever we can & I've never had a problem with row 1 in front being skewed thus altering the angle of the IFE screen, no matter which aircraft we're in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.