Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight layover accomodations from QA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Overnight layover accomodations from QA?

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty sure someone's already asked this question and I just couldn't find it but do airlines still provide you with a hotel room if you have a stopover for over 12 hours?

I'm flying from IAD to DAM in a few weeks and I have a 16 hour stopover in Doha but the QA rep told me we had to pay 125/per person/per stay extra if we want a room.

Can anyone shed some light?
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

PS - we're flying economy...does that matter?
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:53 pm

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
Hi,
I just happened to stumble accross this on QR's web site earlier today:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/stop-over.html

Which says:

Long Stopovers
Qatar Airways provides passengers with accommodation, meals and ground transportation if their scheduled connection time in Doha is more than 8 hours but less than 24 hours. However, this facility is applicable only on certain itineraries or routes. For more information contact your local Qatar Airways office or travel agent.

For itineraries or routes that are not eligible for free accommodation, meals or ground transportation, passengers may opt to pay additional charges. The following charges will apply:

* Economy class passengers - $125 per person
* First and Business Class passengers - $150 per person which includes Al-Maha meet and greet service

Long Stopovers must be pre-booked 72 hours prior to arrival in Doha.

Hope this helps
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Aah - 125/pp. So I guess my itinerary/route doesn't qualify...wonder why.

Well thanks much! That def clears this up!
Old Nov 13, 2008, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
I asked at the Premium terminal re our C tickets.
Of course, the e-ticket has conditions, one of them being NO STPC.
I asked anyway and the person at the terminal noted my tickets don't qualify.

If you can get a hotel at the rates charged in the posts above, go for it. It will likely be much better value than trying to book your own, unless it's a long time ahead.

In my case, for our 20hr layover we spent the day in the city and the evening snoozing, eating and drinking in the C lounge in the Premium Terminal.

In QR's case at DOH, C class tickets are definitely the way to go (our flights had no F class).
Old Jul 2, 2009, 1:46 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Any info if award flights in C booked through M&M being eligible for STPC ?
Old Jul 2, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: most of them
If you have access to the rules for your award ticket it will tell you fairly clearly whether you qualify for STPC. But the easiest thing to do is to contact your local QR office and just ask them.

I have a paid trip in QR business class coming up later this year. JFK-DOH-BKK that qualifies on the inbound for STPC. According to the local QR office I have to submit a form in advance of that flight (I think it has to be at least 72 hours in advance but not more than 30 days) with a bunch of information and they will arrange the hotel and transport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.