Search

Lounge access in ORD and LAS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2013, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Lounge access in ORD and LAS

Hi all,

I'm heading over for CES (LAS) in a few weeks and still trying to wrap my head around the lounge access now that QR is a one world member.

The ITIN is DOH-ORD-LAS-ORD-DOH so am keen to understand the ORD and LAS lounge options.. Im flying in C on all QR segments and First on all AA segments.

In ORD (Chicago) the QR website mentions the Admiral Club lounge and the "Flag Ship" lounge.. the latter of which is a first class lounge and QR only fly 2 class metal to ORD?!!? at this stage I've got a minter 7 hour layover in ORD.. which lounge have people used?

In LAS I'm happy enough to hit a bar in the departures area but what about any lounges?? are there any?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
AA has both the regular AAdmirals Club lounge in ORD for Club members and the Flagship Lounge for F members. If you're OW Emerald, you can get access into the Flagship lounge otherwise you'll have access to the Club lounge.

At LAS, you will have access to AA's AAdmirals lounge.

Please remember to bring your QR card.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:13 am
Original Poster

I have no OW status... and have just started with QR (burgundy)

I can't see any AA lounge in LAS listed..
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by kelix
I have no OW status... and have just started with QR (burgundy)

I can't see any AA lounge in LAS listed..
There isn't one in Las Vegas.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:08 pm

I believe that the OP would have access to the Admiral's Club on return leg (i.e. layover between LAS-ORD and ORD-DOH flight) but not on the layover between the DOH-ORD and ORD-LAS. I think that AC access is granted only when the next sector is an international sector in C or F. I may be mistaken and would be pleased to be corrected. In any case, one can purchase a day pass to the AC.

BTW: The H/K AC at ORD is nice enough, and I am fairly certain there are showers available. However, for a really long layover, the OP might consider a dayroom at the ORD Hilton, connected to the airport by an underground walkway. Unfortunately, the day rooms must be vacated by 5 pm, which doesn't do much good given QR arrival time at ORD.

Last edited by observer; Dec 24, 2013 at 1:17 pm
Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum
my understanding is that the admirals club will admit OP for the stopover en route to vegas because the requirement is an international trip in business class within day of arrival at the club. dont forget to ask for drinks vouchers if you want a proper drink (or a bottle of water). they usually give a couple to premium international travelers!

the club is ok & does have showers.

it comes into its own when there's bad winter weather in chicago--you may have to stand in line but the wonderful staff could easily save you hours of misery if your flight is delayed cxlled!

good luck!

Originally Posted by observer
I believe that the OP would have access to the Admiral's Club on return leg (i.e. layover between LAS-ORD and ORD-DOH flight) but not on the layover between the DOH-ORD and ORD-LAS. I think that AC access is granted only when the next sector is an international sector in C or F. I may be mistaken and would be pleased to be corrected. In any case, one can purchase a day pass to the AC.

BTW: The H/K AC at ORD is nice enough, and I am fairly certain there are showers available. However, for a really long layover, the OP might consider a dayroom at the ORD Hilton, connected to the airport by an underground walkway. Unfortunately, the day rooms must be vacated by 5 pm, which doesn't do much good given QR arrival time at ORD.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sohony
my understanding is that the admirals club will admit OP for the stopover en route to vegas because the requirement is an international trip in business class within day of arrival at the club. dont forget to ask for drinks vouchers if you want a proper drink (or a bottle of water). they usually give a couple to premium international travelers!

the club is ok & does have showers.

it comes into its own when there's bad winter weather in chicago--you may have to stand in line but the wonderful staff could easily save you hours of misery if your flight is delayed cxlled!

good luck!
Thanks! in retrospect this is how i interpreted it too.. hope its the case!!

hope everyone has a great day and thanks for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.