QR011 - DOH-LHR September

Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:28 pm
Dth
Original Poster

QR011 - DOH-LHR September

QR011 to LHR 27/09 has changed from last week's flight I took (and every other QR011 I have seen) from A388 to B773 - showing 2-2-2 seat config so not a Q Suite. Anyone know why? Mildly disappointing, I quite like 11a on QR11. Timing is now 2 hours earlier too meaning I am getting the earlier QR817 ex HKG
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:07 am

Dth welcome to Flyertalk and to the QR forum.

I repeat the most frequently stated message for the last two years.
'Do not book flights for the aircraft type. You will very likely be disappointed!'.
QR is a rapidly expanding airline and delays in deliveries of new aircraft among other problems have caused a shortage of aircraft resulting in frequent changes of aircraft.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:30 am
Dth
Original Poster

Sorry you seem to have misconstrued the reason for my question. Not bothered about the bus. Just interested in why the change. Repositioning etc. I need to be in London that morning which is more important than which member of the QR fleet takes me there - a purely geeky question.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Dth
Sorry you seem to have misconstrued the reason for my question. Not bothered about the bus. Just interested in why the change. Repositioning etc. I need to be in London that morning which is more important than which member of the QR fleet takes me there - a purely geeky question.
73% of you original post is you moaning about an aircraft switch and how much you like 11A, you can't blame remdk for that......
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:19 pm

Dth
Anyone know why?
Surely
QR is a rapidly expanding airline and delays in deliveries of new aircraft among other problems have caused a shortage of aircraft resulting in frequent changes of aircraft.
is an answer to your specific question.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Dth
Anyone know why?
Originally Posted by remdk
Surely
Yes, that is always a gramatically correct (but unhelpful) answer to any question that begins with "Does anyone know...." regardless of the topic.

There are always aircraft substitutions and changes, regardless of the airline; it's not just QR, and it's not just the route. Try flying CX between HKG and BKK in either direction! There are numerous possible reasons, including everything from scheduled maintenance to an aircraft charter to expected new aircraft delivery to delayed new aircraft delivery. If you really want to get into the details, try using one of the available tools on the internet to track aircraft by tail number. You'll then be able to take a particular flight and find out where the aircraft came from, where it goes next, etc., and perhaps start to get some idea of the rotation patterns which affect that flight in normal operations. That may (or may not) give you the specific information you're looking for, but for a travel geek like yourself (and me, too!), it will definitely be interesting!
Dth likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:34 am
Dth
Original Poster

Thanks Dr HFH - yeah started to look but with the stuff I initially looked at just totally out of the blue change give size etc. Will look further. Thanks for the response.

Remdk - yes that was something of an answer and didn't really read it after getting a copy paste thing about booking for specific aircraft which I didn't do - apologies but made clear wasn't the intent behind my question.

Jckl - if you want to count "mildly disappointed" as moaning that would be 11.8% include "quite fond of 11a" as moaning you get to 35.4% - your add value to the thread was, however, precisely zero.

I've flown QR since 2003 and been a member of the privilege club since 2004. Flown all their aircraft, been to all their lounges and just seemed an outlier change or I wouldn't have bothered signing up for this forum to ask a question and getting both passive and pure agressive responses. I will be back on QR011 a few more times this year so really not too bothered about a single sector 'plane change.

But its ok - I won't be back here!

Last edited by Dth; Sep 24, 2017 at 6:50 am Reason: Missed the final line of penultimate paragraph

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.