Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:47 pm

For anyone doing the VCE-BKK trip mentioned above, be aware that the QR VCE flights have been retimed over the winter by 45 minutes, and switched to a 332 (for now...). BA have also been rejigging some of their flight schedules so what may have looked like good connections might not be any longer.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
For anyone doing the VCE-BKK trip mentioned above, be aware that the QR VCE flights have been retimed over the winter by 45 minutes, and switched to a 332 (for now...). BA have also been rejigging some of their flight schedules so what may have looked like good connections might not be any longer.
Good advice indeed.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by tartempion
I doubt QR really wants customer loyalty.
If it does (and it should), it doesn't know how to go about it. But that's QR, an enigma.

And that's why I don't credit to QRPC (well, one of the reasons).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Any idea when to expect the next sale (based on past sale patterns)? They seem to have fare sales constantly. I'm specifically looking to book flights to AKL in J, but departing from the EU because the fares are so cheap (at times).

Originally targeting a trip in Feb 2018, but may have to push it to later in the year.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by swingaling
Any idea when to expect the next sale (based on past sale patterns)? They seem to have fare sales constantly. I'm specifically looking to book flights to AKL in J, but departing from the EU because the fares are so cheap (at times).

Originally targeting a trip in Feb 2018, but may have to push it to later in the year.
Well, next big thing supposedly happens in January, but if this year's September sale is any indication, I wouldn't hold my breath for great offers.
I think QR is still holding off with great sales for the end of the embargo, since they don't wand to bind their capacities for longer periods with cheap promo tickets as long as they can't predict what the load is going to be.

Regardless, you should always keep an eye out for smaller regional sales. They are usually not that great, but every now and then, there are some decent offers.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by makrom
I think QR is still holding off with great sales for the end of the embargo, since they don't wand to bind their capacities for longer periods with cheap promo tickets as long as they can't predict what the load is going to be.
That does not explain the lack of good "last-minute" sales. Asking those who flew lately, do the loads in premium cabins appear healthy?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by hopeful_me
Asking those who flew lately, do the loads in premium cabins appear healthy?
Just flew a bunch of long haul in J (DOH-LAX, LAX-DOH, DOH-SIN) as well as one medium length flight (CMB-DOH). Yes, J cabin loads are extremely healthy. LAX flights (772-LR) were full in both directions. DOH-SIN (350) had maybe a half dozen empty seats, all but one in the rear J cabin. CMB flight (77W) was full in J.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by makrom
The sales weren't particularly good before the embargo anyway...
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by WorldLux

IIRC the Sake Fare was sold towards the end of the sale that was held in the second half of January.
Sake Fare - 12 January 2017
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Smid
The sales weren't particularly good before the embargo anyway...
I beg to differ, January's Travel Festival was very solid (even without Sake fare).
There were many EU-SEA C RT slightly above 1000€, Scandinavia-AKL well below 2000€. In combination with 4x-5x Qmiles. For me, this was rather extraordinary.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 3:30 am

Qr: Arn-sin ~€1380 / arn-syd ~€1800

This, posted today, seems more in line with previous sales. A bit weird better prices right after the sales period.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by justatourist

This, posted today, seems more in line with previous sales. A bit weird better prices right after the sales period.
Good price for SYD.

I also don't understand QR. They have a Travel Festival and make a big song and dance about it and then a few days after have a sale with less fanfare and better prices.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Good price for SYD.

I also don't understand QR. They have a Travel Festival and make a big song and dance about it and then a few days after have a sale with less fanfare and better prices.
Yes but last week's promotion included multiple bonus qmiles and some other incentives, so in terms of total value for money that might work better for some people than a lower headline price. Both sales are about bums on seats, they just work in different ways for people that buy for different reasons. Horses for courses and all that
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by justatourist

Yes, not bad for SYD but Festival Sales in Jan showed similar price to AKL (SEK 18000). I'll wait for better pricing for NZ trip.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 5:45 am

wheatbeer the main difference between last week and this is that last week the sale was controlled centrally by DOH. This week it is the individual destinations that are in control! As you may have noticed the destinations try to do things that they feel suits their market rather than some centralised theory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.