Qatar to Oz in Economy

Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:01 am
sam
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Is there any wait list for qpoint upgrades?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by sam
Is there any wait list for qpoint upgrades?
You probably mean Qcredits.
Anyway, there's an upgrade waiting list but how it works and how you can benefit from it seems to be very secret. Just ask and see...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:24 am
sam
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4
You probably mean Qcredits.
Anyway, there's an upgrade waiting list but how it works and how you can benefit from it seems to be very secret. Just ask and see...
Does the practice of creating U class "Ghost Segments" in the booking have anything to do with the upgrade Wait List?

Is the creation of a "Ghost Segment" a good sign or do they do that whenever an upgrade is requested?

If I have an Australian address in my profile, am I more likely to get an upgrade on the ex-Sydney leg?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by sam
Does the practice of creating U class "Ghost Segments" in the booking have anything to do with the upgrade Wait List?

Is the creation of a "Ghost Segment" a good sign or do they do that whenever an upgrade is requested?

If I have an Australian address in my profile, am I more likely to get an upgrade on the ex-Sydney leg?
Yes. From my experience, I had some U ghost segments after requesting an upgrade too, but never had one when my requests were immediately rejected.

Yes but you might wait forever... If you are Gold or Platinum you should give them a call and ask if they can open an upgrade seat for you.

I don't think so but who knows ? QR has so many secret rules...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:21 am
Suspended

I my experience the gost seg appears when there is no space and a request is made to the revenue team to create some.

Unfortunatly, in my case over maybe 20 segs created, only 1 or 2 were eventually confirmed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.